Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a rented house

Options
  • 26-02-2014 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My Sisiter is looking at selling her house which she has rented to a Family in Dublin as she's permanently moving from the big smoke due to a new work location.

She not keen on asking the Tenants to move out as they keep the house is perfect condition both inside and out and pay the rent each month on time and without problems and she doesn't want to inconvenience them.

So she'd like to sell with the Tenants still renting, but i don't think that this will be even remotely possible as a new Landlord would obvioulsy be looking to buy to run things his/her way. Maybe i'm wrong!!!

Is there any agencies that deal with this kind of arrangement (recommend buyers, buy themselves) or how should she go about it?, as she's nowhere next or near Dublin to deal with this kind of thing anymore.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,861 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tenants are under no obligation to allow viewings in any manner than an estate agent will want to offer and nobody will be able to get an owner occupier mortgage for a house with sitting tenants. Realistically she'll have a world of trouble trying to sell with them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

MYOB wrote: »
    Tenants are under no obligation to allow viewings in any manner than an estate agent will want to offer and nobody will be able to get an owner occupier mortgage for a house with sitting tenants. Realistically she'll have a world of trouble trying to sell with them there.

Cool, she's just going to have to let them know that they'll have to move and sell it as an ordinary house sale. I think the contract renewal is in May/June she said, so she can give loads of notice now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

it is possible to sell with tennants in situ however not to somebody requireing a mortgage. So immedialty your cutting the demographic of purchases down signifnicantly.

Best bet is to let their lease expire, give them the appropriate notice under part 4 as selling is a genuine reason to give notice and have your sister put it up for sale.

Advertisement