Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paco de Lucia dies

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

That's a real shame. Did you ever get to see him live?
    I've seen McLaughlin and Di Meola but alas I'll never get to see the third member of that great trio!:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Hermy wrote: »
    That's a real shame. Did you ever get to see him live?
    I've seen McLaughlin and Di Meola but alas I'll never get to see the third member of that great trio!:(

I thought the third member of that trio was Larry Coryell :-)

Alas never saw Paco live

D1stant wrote: »
    I thought the third member of that trio was Larry Coryell :-)

I meant the other that Trio!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I was very very lucky to see him last year. My wife dances flamenco so he's a bit of a god in our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Tiosabas

Mclaughlin, Coryell and Paco where a trio for "Meeting in the Spirits" If you havent seen their version of Manha de carnival on you tube then check it out right away. Paco's playing is sintilating on that.
    I had the pleasure of seeing Paco live in London, New York, Edinburough and Berlin. I would have loved to see him pllay the NCH.
    Such a pity but he leaves behind an incredible body of work. A real legend. I'd say himself and Sabicas will have a rare jammin session tonight.

• Advertisement

Out of interest which do ye prefer - the trio with Coryell or Di Meola?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Hermy wrote: »
    Out of interest which do ye prefer - the trio with Coryell or Di Meola?

Coryell hands down for me. I find Di Meola's playing very mechanical. Technically superb but robotic

But I prefer Paco's solo work much more than the Trio

D1stant wrote: »
    Coryell hands down for me. I find Di Meola's playing very mechanical. Technically superb but robotic

But I prefer Paco's solo work much more than the Trio

I saw Di Meola in Cork a few years back and as you say he is technically superb.
    Great to watch but a tad boring to listen to.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement