Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go Pro 3 Chest Harness....

• 26-02-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone on here got a chest harness? Interested in seeing are they any good for the mo-mo bikes....If I had one I am thinking that the forward sitting position would minimise the camera angle unless they (camera) can pivot in hold or the like?

Any feedback or alternatives to mounting the camera on my crust.

Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

if you wear the harness as normal but mount the gopro upside down it works alot better on the bike, you can adjust the angle alot better then in the upright position, instead of 12 minutes footage of the fuel tank etc... then just rotate the footage in the free cineform studio software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

if you wear the harness as normal but mount the gopro upside down it works alot better on the bike, you can adjust the angle alot better then in the upright position, instead of 12 minutes footage of the fuel tank etc... then just rotate the footage in the free cineform studio software.

HAHA...good stuff. Never would have taught of that. Is the harness adjustable where it takes the camera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

I have one. It's great. Best vids I have are using it vs on-bike mounts.

The straps adjust well so you can make it comfy and get the cam in good position.

As said it's better to mount cam upside down. But you don't have to edit the video afterwards. My gopro has a setting for inverting picture so it's done automatically as it is recording.

I wear the harness under the jacket, a pop the zip down to let the lens peep out. Then use the jacket Velcro storm flap to cover above it to stop the wind on my upper chest/lower neck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Anywhere selling them cheaper then normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I use one myself and love it, found its the most non intrusive gopro mount and gives a good view of the bike and road, but takes in the clocks !! Some might not like that ;)

KTRIC wrote: »
    I use one myself and love it, found its the most non intrusive gopro mount and gives a good view of the bike and road, but takes in the clocks !! Some might not like that ;)

This. Don't show the footage to anybody that freaks about you being on the bike.

"Oh Jesus you told me you couldn't go over 50 mph on that bike!" - my mother's reaction watching my vid.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Anywhere selling them cheaper then normal?

Got it as a pressie so not sure bud.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sweet I was wondering that myself. Will get myself one of these. I only have the GoPro 1 so navigating the menus is a pain but good to know about mounting upside down...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

i have the hero 3 black edition, mounting upside down works great for me, but when i add the battery backpack(with the bigger back door) it slightly limits the range of movement while mounting it upside down, but still miles better then mounting it upwards. as the gopro1 and 2 are slightly bigger as standard without accessories attached to the back ive no idea what it would be like to mount upside down on the chesty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

There seems to be a rake of GoPro competitors out now - anyone have one? Are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭smurph10

Quick question.

I used the go pro yesterday but had it upside down. I know I can flip and rotate it on the computer but is is it possible to save it properly to work directly from go pro to tv the right way round. It's just that computer is too slow to watch it.

Thanks

There is a setting in the GoPro itself to record upside down so no matter where you play it back it will be the right way around

Which Gopro do you have?

Advertisement