Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permabanned from After Hours

Options
  • 26-02-2014 1:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭

Yes, I've been quite vocal and lost it a few times. In my defense, there were a fair few nasty, personal comments directed at me, my sexuality and my wife's nationality (over the years, on AH). I guess they built up and took their toll on me & my mental health, hence my attitude becoming less agreeable, of late.

I hope you'll take that as mitigating circumstances. I would like to try again on AH, if you'll have me back & I promise to behave with considerably more decorum.

Peace & apologies,

old hippy

(sorry if I posted in the wrong place)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,700 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi old hippy,

The Rec CMods and AH Mods will discuss this and get back to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Thank you. Sincerely appreciated.

Hi old hippy,

I've discussed this with the AH mods.

Firstly though, I think an important point I'd like to make is in response to this line from you:
    "I guess they built up and took their toll on me & my mental health, hence my attitude becoming less agreeable, of late."

The decision to ban you wasn't just based on your actions "of late", you have a pretty extensive history of warnings, infractions and bans over the past year or so, and each time you have committed the same offences again. This is the issue. Regardless of what other people have posted, you have repeatedly ignored the moderators' instructions.

The mods and I have decided that for now, the permaban should stay in place, though they're open to reviewing this decision in 3 months provided you can keep a clean record on other forums during this time. I understand this isn't the result you were hoping for, but until the mods can see proof that you have learnt to take a step back, the permaban will have to remain in place.

Regards,
    Penn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Fair enough. I'm not enamoured by the decision but do I respect the Mods for at least having discussed it fairly. I shall keep my fingers crossed and my nose clean. Thanks all.

Alright. In about three months, start a new thread or even just PM me and we'll take another look.

Thread can be marked as resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement