Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stripe Transfer Times

Options
  • 26-02-2014 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Quick question for anyone using Stripe to process transactions. How long does it usually take for a transfer to reach your bank account?

Their website says seven days but my own transfers seem to be taking much, much longer. In fact, not one has reach my bank.

As an example, a sale was processed on the 14th of this month. Stripe set up an automatic transfer for the 21st, 7 days later.

According to the logs on Stripe, that transfer was successful and "the money should now be available" in my account. However, it hasn't appeared. I decided to wait a few extra days as I thought the weekend would have slowed the transfer. Still waiting six days later. Tomorrow will be two weeks since the transaction was initially processed, which seems like an insane waiting time.

I've triple checked to make sure my correct bank details were entered, my account was properly verified etc... All fine.

Am I misunderstanding the 7 day transfer? Is it 7 days AFTER the transfer? :confused:

Thoughts?

I'll be getting onto the bank and Stripe tomorrow if there's still no sign. For now I've reverted back to PayPal who, for all their faults, take only two days to complete a withdrawal.

Cheers,
    Dean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

That is a long time! This year my mobile payment processor has got the payments timed down to 2 working days which is nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭getaroom

Dean0088 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Quick question for anyone using Stripe to process transactions. How long does it usually take for a transfer to reach your bank account?

Their website says seven days but my own transfers seem to be taking much, much longer. In fact, not one has reach my bank.

As an example, a sale was processed on the 14th of this month. Stripe set up an automatic transfer for the 21st, 7 days later.

According to the logs on Stripe, that transfer was successful and "the money should now be available" in my account. However, it hasn't appeared. I decided to wait a few extra days as I thought the weekend would have slowed the transfer. Still waiting six days later. Tomorrow will be two weeks since the transaction was initially processed, which seems like an insane waiting time.

I've triple checked to make sure my correct bank details were entered, my account was properly verified etc... All fine.

Am I misunderstanding the 7 day transfer? Is it 7 days AFTER the transfer? :confused:

Thoughts?

I'll be getting onto the bank and Stripe tomorrow if there's still no sign. For now I've reverted back to PayPal who, for all their faults, take only two days to complete a withdrawal.

Cheers,
    Dean

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but did you get sorted with STRIPE. My account is showing a payment received on 2 May on my accounting package (automated), and my stripe account is showing payment waiting for transfer its now 14th and nothing.

Before I contact my customer and ask him to reverse the payment, Im wondering if such delays are normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

My payments always show up in exactly 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

My payments always show up in exactly 7 days.

Same, so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'm very happy with Stripe, seeing transfers 7 days later consistently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

getaroom wrote: »
    Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but did you get sorted with STRIPE. My account is showing a payment received on 2 May on my accounting package (automated), and my stripe account is showing payment waiting for transfer its now 14th and nothing.

Before I contact my customer and ask him to reverse the payment, Im wondering if such delays are normal.

Yes, it went in after two weeks. No idea why it took so long. No explanation from Stripe so I ditched them.

Advertisement