Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling after vaccination

Options
  • 26-02-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

For those of you who have have already gotten your babies first vaccination, did they get side effects - if so, what side effects and for how long?

I am due to travel home to Ireland with the little man on 6 March for a family confirmation. He has his 12 week vaccination scheduled for 4th March, so 2 days before we are due to fly. I am terrified that he will be suffering side effects from the vaccine which would mean he can't fly - sore ears etc....

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Ds had his 6in1 and Pcv injections at 2 months and flew 2 days later.
    I had worried about it a good bit, but in the end he had no symptoms, so all was well.

Could you reschedule the Jabs to either a few days in advance or after your holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Neither of mine had any lingering side effects from vaccines. Just a bit sleepy after them for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Thanks for the responses. I don't really want to hold off on the jabs as I don't like the thought of bringing him through 3 airports and on 2 flights without having him vaccinated. I am afraid he could pick something up.

As it is, he is getting vaccinated before he hits the 12 week mark, because they moved it forward on account of us travelling. I don't think I can get an earlier date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Hi all,

For those of you who have have already gotten your babies first vaccination, did they get side effects - if so, what side effects and for how long?

I am due to travel home to Ireland with the little man on 6 March for a family confirmation. He has his 12 week vaccination scheduled for 4th March, so 2 days before we are due to fly. I am terrified that he will be suffering side effects from the vaccine which would mean he can't fly - sore ears etc....

Thanks a lot!

My lad was a bit "off" for a day or two, but nothing a dose of calpol couldn't fix. Actually, the thing that might be worse than side effects is sore legs - I had to make sure not to carry him by holding his thighs as his little legs were sore at the injection site for a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Thanks. I can't get Calpol here in DK, but I have seen a liquid baby paracetamol which I would think is probably along the same lines. I will check with the doc if I should pick up a bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Neither of mine had any reactions to their vaccinations, both just totally as normal afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

My little lad is 14 weeks, had his second round this week. Both times he was really tired for the first day, temperature in the mid 38's and small bit of the runs. After the second day he was back to normal. We gave him a sub the first time around to help with the temperature but didn't bother this time.

Advertisement