Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing money

Options
  • 26-02-2014 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Hey guys going to Ottawa for 10 days in 2 weeks. I'm on a tight budget. I won't be shopping. Probably will go out for dinner and a few drinks. Can anyone recommend how much money minimum I'd need to bring. And where is the best place to change it in Ireland

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 GorillaGG

Can't believe you're travelling all the way to Ottawa from Ireland. There is literally nothing there. It's a boring city full of government buildings as it's the capital. Go to Montreal or Toronto instead. As for money, get it from an ATM over there. Your Irish bank card should work. The currency exchanges over here will rip you off. Minimum amount I'd bring for 10 days is $900 (=€593). That gives you $90 a day for food, admission to museums, hostel. However, personally I'd bring double that. No point travelling all the way to Canada and then being a cheapskate counting the pennies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Thanks. I was hoping to bring 1000euros but wasn't sure if it was enough.
    I'm going to visit family so it's not a sight seeing thing

Advertisement