Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blocked phone

Options
  • 26-02-2014 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

hi guys I need information about unlocking a phone can any one help? i lost my phone n January in limerick and when i returned home i went to Vodafone and did the lost and block thing. I got a new phone on my insurance for €100 (some how i feel robbed as i could buy one for just as much im sure) and went about happyish. Last night my phone was returned to me and i gave it to my wife but its blocked. Vodafone said it was unblocked by them but my insurance blockedit too. im told the old phone is the property of the insurers but i paid 100 quid and feel its mine. is there a way to unblock it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

It's their property now, not yours. You have a replacement, I would imagine it's in the terms of your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

you dont own that phone its the insurance companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

makes me wonder why i pay my insurance, time to cancel it asap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Why? They paid you for the loss of the phone. You are not at a loss for the phone if you have it - if anything they should be getting their money back. I'm curious to know how you got the phone back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

tonyheaney wrote: »

You pay insurance to lower the replacement cost from the full value of the phone to the excess. Im assuming it was the excess you paid (although 100 euro seems very high).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Look at it this way, would you also expect to keep your previously stolen car if it was recovered to you after the insurance paid out for the loss?

Insurance is there to compensate for loss. If the recovered phone is of particular importance to you then you may be able to buy it from the insurer, or negotiate the return of the replacement.

Genuinely lost not any way illegally i assure you, i had paid €10 for the past 14 months so i have paid them twice over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Genuinely lost not any way illegally i assure you, i had paid €10 for the past 14 months so i have paid them twice over.

You paid for the comfort of a policy which would replace the phone, not for the replacement phone itself (though that may have been cheaper :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The way I read this is that you were trying to get a new phone on the cheap because you are "paying the insurance anyway" so you perceive yourself to be entitled to one. Now you are miffed because the original one is has been blocked by the insurance company, which is standard practice.

I think its called fraud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,605 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Do you know how issuance works? Not being smart with you I'd recommend you read you policy.

Riamfada wrote: »
    The way I read this is that you were trying to get a new phone on the cheap because you are "paying the insurance anyway" so you perceive yourself to be entitled to one. Now you are miffed because the original one is has been blocked by the insurance company, which is standard practice.

I think its called fraud.

soo if the fone was found your saying i was the one who "lost it" for a small while is it? right and i would write this up with my name on my op

• Registered Users Posts: 69,070 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can "feel" what you want, you don't own that phone anymore. Their phone, their choice what to do with it.

Advertisement