Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 Online

Options
  • 26-02-2014 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭

365 Online

I just got an email from 365 online saying a I have bought a digicallingcard and asking me have I authorised this charge.

The thing is I havent lived in Ireland and havent used BOI in donkeys years. I am not sure if I even have an open account with them.

I am not sure if its legit.

the website is www.365online.com.

Does anyone know if this is real?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi ronjo,

Thanks for you post.

You can be assured the recent email you received was not from Bank of Ireland. We will never send an email or text to our customers asking them to confirm account or password information.

We would ask that you forward this email and any others you may receive to our security team at 365security@boi.com . Once you have done this please delete the email. If you have clicked on any of the links or entered in your account or password details please contact your bank immediatley. It also may be no harm to run anti virus scan on your computer.

For more information on these types of phishing emails please see here.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. If we can help you with anything else in the future, please dont hesitate to contact us again.

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭ronjo

Hi ronjo,

Thanks for you post.

You can be assured the recent email you received was not from Bank of Ireland. We will never send an email or text to our customers asking them to confirm account or password information.

We would ask that you forward this email and any others you may receive to our security team at 365security@boi.com . Once you have done this please delete the email. If you have clicked on any of the links or entered in your account or password details please contact your bank immediatley. It also may be no harm to run anti virus scan on your computer.

For more information on these types of phishing emails please see here.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. If we can help you with anything else in the future, please dont hesitate to contact us again.

Elaine
    Hi Elaine,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will send it to your security team now.
    I hadnt put any info in thankfully.

Best regards
    Ronjo

Advertisement