Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Val d'isere and tignes

Options
  • 26-02-2014 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Heading away on sat for a week and weather is looking great,big snow fall this week so looking forward to the trip! Plenty of research has been done about this place but looking to find out a bit more if anyone can help? We set a group of intermediate skiers, can anyone recommend the best areas of the resorts to ski in the morning and then in the evening? Whats the price of food and drinks like in the town of val d'isere,we have self catering so we plan on eating in most days! Where's good to eat and also for a few drinks?
    What's your favourite run in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭prunudo

Have a great trip, only been to Tignes on a ski away day so cant really be much help I'm sorry. Be sure to report back when you're home, wouldnt mind hearing your experiences as Val d'isere is on my shortlist for next year. Enjoy the snow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭karl83

Im a seasonaire here in Val, great resort and massive ski area. Nearly all the resort is good for intermediates. Fornet is good in the morning as pretty quiet and some good off piste, then wherever really. Tignes has been a bit **** this week with the good weather making the runs slushy. 12 degrees there today.
    Self catering, buy food in cash 2000, cheap enough and good for drink etc..
    Nightlife, Petit Danois, Cafe Face, Saloon, then Dicks are most popular spots.
    expect to pay around €7/8 a pint. Cafe Face apres is €2.50 tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Loved Val Disere. Fav ski resort.
    Santos - class natural 3km half pipe!!
    Face de Bellvarde. Steepest icest black ive ever seen. Was there the week after the world cup race this week. It was so dangerously fast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭kingcharles82

back a few days from val and tignes and just about recovered, ive skied the three valleys and other French/Italian resorts and this impressed me the most. the weather was perfect for a few days and at the end of the week the slopes became a little icy. huge off piste areas that have to be seen to be believed.
    id recommend this resort but be aware it isn't cheap when you get there, expect to pay silly prices in the bars and even the supermarkets came be a little pricey.but it all is worth while when you see the ski area, its huge and I can see myself returning here some day

Advertisement