Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voluntary work experience/Summer internship?

Options
  • 26-02-2014 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I am currently a 3rd yeah Physiology student in UCC.

I am wondering the possibilities of getting unpaid experience anywhere in the country shadowing a forensic pathologist/state pathologist. Said I might as well aim high at first. I really want to see what it like to perform and see autosies , medical examinations. It is my chosen field and I do not want to go and do all those years to never find out what its like.

anyone any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

All pathologists do autopsies not just forensic/state pathologists.
    I'm not sure but I believe that there are issues around allowing non-essential people observe PMs. As well as that there is patient privacy and confidentiality to protect. Think of how strict the college is with cadavers - and remember that they were donated for the purpose of education.

Your best option is to visit an exhibition like body world or bodies. Failing that ask your physiology lecturer(s) if you could observe a cadaver anatomy demonstration.
    It is rare for anyone who isn't a pathologist, APT or trainee to observe a PM

Advertisement