Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KISS

• 26-02-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

I've heard rumours (spearheaded by Gene and Paul's involvement with this new football team they've created) that KISS might be winding down to a certain extent in 2014.

However, rather than call it quits, there has been suggestions the band might be (and this is going to sound absurd) franchised across the planet - an official representation of KISS music, sound and material. Essentially KISS will be a bunch of new musicians performing in the classic makeup/style playing the songs faithfully while the corographed stage lights and pyro's recreate the concert you might have seen Gene/Paul do before.

So, do you agree with this, and in general - do you think a band like KISS, The Rolling Stones or someone of that generational period will consider this move as their own mortal bodies let them down?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

Simmons has pretty much always spouted that franchise crap ....

... as a Kiss fan I wouldn't bother my arse going to see "Kiss" without any original members ... as a matter of fact , it was disappointing to see them without Ace @ the O2 (although it was still an excellent gig).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

If it was 10 or 15 quid I'd go along to see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Since I follow KISS, since they released their first album, I won't bother going at all. I even stopped buying their stuff, when they went unmasked, it wasn't just the same anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Since I follow KISS, since they released their first album, I won't bother going at all. I even stopped buying their stuff, when they went unmasked, it wasn't just the same anymore

What's your favourite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

What's your favourite?

'Destroyer'...all time favourite song 'God of Thunder' :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

I remember my brother bringing home Alive II and enjoying that especially the intro.

You wanted the best......

Creatures Of The Night is an album I still listen too regularly. Their best by far.

As Paul Stanley said 'it's an album you put on to turn your mind to jelly'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

I'd love to see them again. The O2 gig is in my top three. If there was a franchised version, I'd see them as long as the tickets were no more than €30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

really enjoyed the gig in Dublin cant believe its almost 4 years since it.

If the new version sounded good than i mite go but the one of those bands if you see once you would be happy

Advertisement