Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

644 permission on Linux Minimus shared hosting

• 26-02-2014 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

I installed joomla in root website folder (not in the hiden folder provided) and have lot off problems with permissions (i have change and controll them all the time). But that's what I can do.
    What I can't is some bunch of files that somehow got 644 permissions. I cant delete them, I can't change their permissions, I literally have to keep them! All I can do is to rename folder they are in.
    But I wonder if  there is any proper way to remove them? They are temporary files generated by one of joomla plugin - are they like files-in-use secured or something? I'm not familiar with architecture of linux - I know just few commands and I feel helpless...

Comments

Advertisement