Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hope someone can help!

Options
  • 26-02-2014 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi, my computer was getting slow so I decided to reset it, I backed up all my music and photos to a USB and then reset it. When I tried to put photos/music back on the computer I couldn't find them on USB..it was a 32gb USB and only 200kb left on it.. Can anyone advise if/how to get my pics back thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

And you're sure there definitely not on the usb? And did you do a full while and reinstall? Not sure if ya can try a windows rollback to restore it back to a previous date if you did that

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rachieqtpie

Adamocovic wrote: »
    And you're sure there definitely not on the usb? And did you do a full while and reinstall? Not sure if ya can try a windows rollback to restore it back to a previous date if you did that

We'll not that I can see on the USB, but it's practically full,so I don't know?
    I just did a reset not sure which type... Should have just brought it to a shop !:(

Have you entered any file titles in to the search bar for the usb? Like maybe one of your songs just too make sure they aren't just hidden somewhere there

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Have you entered any file titles in to the search bar for the usb? Like maybe one of your songs just too make sure they aren't just hidden somewhere there

No never thought of that il try it later on,thanks

No luck with that!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Sounds like a virus and thats why your PC was running slow.

Open command prompt as an administrator and type the below

attrib -h -r -s /s /d H:\*.*

The letter H should be replaced by what your USB drive is showing up in My Computer

The files should then show up. Don't open any of them but copy over to your PC

Remove your USB

Download Malwares Anti Malware and scan the copied files and see if anything comes up. Scan your whole computer then

Alright must not be on the usb so :/ try clicking the start menu and search for "System Restore" in search box. Click it and you might be prompted for admin confirmation proceed through and see if there is an option to restore your windows to a previous date. I am not sure if you will have the option due to the reset but no harm in checking.

Did you properly eject the usb before removing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Also another way to do it thats not in my previous post is to open command prompt

Type the name of your drive e.g d:

Use the following command

xcopy /s D:\*.* C:\Files

This will copy all the files to a folder called Files in the C: Drive

How'd it go? Any progress?

• Advertisement
Advertisement