Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT expired over a year ago

Options
  • 26-02-2014 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

the NCT on my car expired on 04/02/2013. car was reg in 2000. If i go now to nct the car, when will the new nct will be due? they will give me an expired one and have to do the test again right away?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

If the car passes you will get an NCT valid until 04/02/2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

How/why do people think they will get a cert for a date in the past? It makes no sense whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

If you got it NCTed today, you would get a disc until 04/02/2015. It's only backdated to the last due date, so once a full calendar year elapses, it's gone for good.

I did this recently with my car (NCT expired early December 2012, did the NCT in mid-December 2013, new disc valid until early December 2014).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

blastman wrote: »
    If you got it NCTed today, you would get a disc until 04/02/2014. It's only backdated to the last due date, so once a full calendar year elapses, it's gone for good.

I did this recently with my car (NCT expired early December 2012, did the NCT in mid-December 2013, new disc valid until early December 2014).

Was just going to reply 'wrong' but you just had a typo I see. Ninja edit I think they call that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bau4uman

great thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement