Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galatasaray v Chelsea (CL) 26/02/14 KO 19:45 GMT

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I was just reading online that the correct enunciation is not "Gala-tasary", but "Galata-sary" with a very brief pause inbetween.

My whole life has been a lie. A sad lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

GavRedKing wrote: »
    At the start I'd have taken it but given how woeful Galatasaray were in the 1st half to come out in the 2nd half and decide ah sure 1-0 or 1-1 is decent isnt good enough, there could still be a sting in this tie yet.

See my previous post. That's what mourhino does we all know that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

fozz10 wrote: »
    See my previous post. That's what mourhino does we all know that

Had we won 1-0 it would have been grand hell 1-1 when we were playing to our abilities isnt bad but that 2nd half display would bore the tits off an accountant and we were 2nd best, which is becoming an all to common thing, we poxed a win against Everton without playing well and its happened numerous times when our 1st half displays have disappeared to be replaced by impostors for the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Had we won 1-0 it would have been grand hell 1-1 when we were playing to our abilities isnt bad but that 2nd half display would bore the tits off an accountant and we were 2nd best, which is becoming an all to common thing, we poxed a win against Everton without playing well and its happened numerous times when our 1st half displays have disappeared to be replaced by impostors for the 2nd half.
    my point is boring or not don't jump to conclusions after 45 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Mikel is poison. He needs about five touches to make a pass.
    It's shocking how much of a difference Matic makes when he's available.

Mikel sucks the life out of play. Needs someone else to take the ball off him. Can't even pass. And that shot on goal! Would loved to see him moved on.

Chelsea conserved energy in the second half. They'll be good for the next premiership match. OK result. Forwards still cack, despite Torres' goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

fozz10 wrote: »
    my point is boring or not don't jump to conclusions after 45 minutes.

If we pushed on in the 2nd half this tie would have been over by now, hell if Cech done his job we'd be lauding Jose and the team for defensive performance.

The only real positive is the vital away goal that will force Galatasaray to come to the Bridge and try and score which should see us add to the tally but the 2nd leg should have been more comfortable then its going to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Willian really doesn't appear to be able to go past players, every single time he tried and inevitably gave the ball away cheaply.

Such a frustrating match, once again a game that should have been out of sight ends with Chelsea hanging on for a draw.

Advertisement