Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance

• 26-02-2014 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I got a quote from my usual Axa branch of €691 for comp no break down recovery. Rang 123.ie quote €391 with break down assist recovery and home start absolutely thrilled, when renewing home insurance won't be going to Axa .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

when you get your renewal from 123.ie next year, it will be a fair bit higher.

ALWAYS shop around - there are always deals to be had. Doesn't mean other companies area rip-off though. Insurance is like a bookies - they want to balance their books, they want a cross section of people and if you fall into a category they are short on, you can benefit.

Also, check the fine print especially around the no-claims bonus, bonus protection, excess, windscreen. breakdown and benefits.

I got quote ranging from under €360 to over €600 this year and the best value was a quote of €464. Cheapest is not always best value when it comes to insurance.

So if axa came in cheaper for home insurance, you'd refuse to take it? - where's the logic in that????

Advertisement