Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there an way to remove kylie minogue etc from dashboard?

Options
  • 26-02-2014 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

as title says i cant stand that genre of the voice and x factor and would rather not have to look at them everytime i scroll through the dashboard. its a xbox 360 btw. just updated it to play gta. if i cant remove them how about changing them to bands that i actually like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Set the console to boot to the game disc when you power it on instead of the dash = problem solved :P

Seriously though , don't know of any way to change what appears there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Honestly, half the time I think i'd prefer to have the blades back, than look at the amount of space devoted to ****ing ads on the current UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

calex71 wrote: »
    Set the console to boot to the game disc when you power it on instead of the dash = problem solved :P

Seriously though , don't know of any way to change what appears there.

i'll try that thanks

yeah its a pity that this is the way games consoles are headed - feckin stuff forced down our throats. i'm sure i'd have to hack it to clear it completely

edit: is there a good place to send an email to xbox? somewhere that it might be seen like? just to ask if and how it could be changed to something else or just to complain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

edit: is there a good place to send an email to xbox? somewhere that it might be seen like? just to ask if and how it could be changed to something else or just to complain?

Microsoft don't care about their customers or customer opinions. It's all about making money with them that's why those ads are there. Their customer care centers are all off-loaded 3rd party companies working from FAQ scripts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Ive always hated that i pay annually for Gold but still have those stupid ads on my dashboard :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

well i was chatting to a support rep last night for xbox and she told me to make sure to turn 'xbox marketing' to opt-out, which it was. so even though i choose to opt out of ads, i still get bombarded with them. i agree kerplunk if i pay a monthly sub i shouldn't see ads.

as if they didn't get enough money? €500 for the console, €60 for the game and then €60 to play online and then we still have ads? crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I hardly notice ads on mine. Usually just 1 tile on the right side. I liked it when they had an advert for the movie Elysium and when I watched it I got a free avatar gear of the machine Matt Damon uses in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

You may not like her voice but she's not bad eye-candy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

isnt it usually just one ad? on mine it is anyway, usually netflix down the bottom right hand corner. I'm not bothered by them advertising games and movies, sure thats what the machine is for.

Advertisement