Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Cur. Account: when will I receive debit card?

Options
  • 26-02-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,
    Through my employer (who are BOI clients themselves) I filled out a form for a BOI current account.
    Last Friday I received the account number and sorting code from my HR department, so the account has been created.
    But when will I receive the debit card? It is taking long.
    I could give you my account number and details via a private message.

And why is the new branche near the Old Airport Road not on the BOI website? I would like to have the opening hours and phone number.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Matthijs wrote: »
    Hi,
    Through my employer (who are BOI clients themselves) I filled out a form for a BOI current account.
    Last Friday I received the account number and sorting code from my HR department, so the account has been created.
    But when will I receive the debit card? It is taking long.
    I could give you my account number and details via a private message.

And why is the new branche near the Old Airport Road not on the BOI website? I would like to have the opening hours and phone number.
    The old Airport branch is on the website here is the info 

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/branch-locator/?radius=15&atms=1&search_id=277

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Matthijs[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post and welcome to Bank of Ireland.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]As kkap correctly mentioned above, the branch on the Old Airport Road is called Collinstown Cross Branch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Once your account has been opened for you, your Visa Debit Card will take 5-6 working days to be received in the post to the address on your new account.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Although we have no account access here to check on the status of your card, we would suggest to contact your branch by phone, a representative will be happy to check this for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Contact details can be found here along with the branch opening hours, sort code and services etc. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have any further questions, please let us know. We are happy to help.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank again for choosing to bank with Bank of Ireland.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Matthijs

Thanks Alison.

I am going to the Collinstown branch tomorrow. I would to have the address on my account changed.
    What do I need to bring for that to be done?

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Matthijs[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]As this is a new account, we would advise you to phone your branch ahead of your visit, they may require a recent utility bill in the last 3 months from you to have the address changed. It will be necessary to bring your photo identification with you when you visit.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If we can help again, please let us know.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Matthijs

Hi Alison,
    I don't have anything to prove I live at my address. Well just the keys I guess and the house alarm codes. I moved in 5 days ago, no bills are on my name.
    The account was created with my colleague's address details. Three new hires including myself used his address to set up the account as we we all staying in a hotel at that moment.

• Advertisement

Hi Matthijs

If the account has been opened under a different address than where you are living now, it will be best to phone your branch just to check if your photo identification will suffice to change this. It will be best to speak with a Customer Advisor within your branch.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement