Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junk Mail to eircom.net account

Options
  • 26-02-2014 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

For the past few days, I am getting alot of junk mail / spam, averaging 7/day, to my eircom.net account. This is a new development as I have not been receiving any junk mail whatsoever for the past 6 years. I cannot understand what is happening here - can anyone help? Is there any way to rectify or avoid this? It appears that Eircom are not in a position to help here as the emails do not originate with eircom.net customers. Totally baffled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭whizbang

There's nothing can be done now. Its going to be spammed out shortly.

Once one malicious list gets your email address, then its out there for all.
    Try to figure who or where you signed up using your eircom email recently. You could be surprised knowing which companies sell on email addresses.

Did you reply to any phishing mails?
    But it could be just one of those things...!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

whizbang wrote: »
    There's nothing can be done now. Its going to be spammed out shortly.

Once one malicious list gets your email address, then its out there for all.
    Try to figure who or where you signed up using your eircom email recently. You could be surprised knowing which companies sell on email addresses.

Did you reply to any phishing mails?
    But it could be just one of those things...!

Thanks for your response - what do you mean by ' it's going to be spammed out shortly'?

I have never responded to phishing mails and have not signed up to any websites recently, but as you say, it could be one of those things. Something similar happened years ago but thankfully ceased after some weeks, hopefully same will happen again. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I wouldn't use an eircom.net address for anything these days. The domain has a terrible reputation.

Switch to gmail and forward your eircom address to that. A lot of decent spam filters block Eircom.net addresses almost by default.

Advertisement