Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any irish speakers in the ifgc

Options
  • 26-02-2014 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

just wondering because i know lots of people working for tg4 and something could come up..
    so just investigating for future reference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

i remember watching a video of dark onion commentating in irish.

i wish i was good enough to commentate inj/mk in irish, that be tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

i figured onion is could be my man.. coming from out wesht..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah Onion is the fearr for that job.

ive spoken to a friend who is gonna talk to the commissioning director of tg4 about doing a fight night style thing... well see what happens..

obviously if it happens ill want to get some of the ifgc top players involved. and itll be done in a way that the presenters do the most the talking etc..

its a relatively cheap style of show to make considering the full season is made in a day..
    well see what happens..

looks like we may be doing a pilot as a proposal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I was fluent up until I was around 16.

A bit rusty now.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thanks for the above shout outs guys. Yeah I have Irish, it requires a bit of brushing up as I've been teaching in a situation where Irish isn't taught for over a year now but it's there.

great stuff.. ill be in touch when the time comes.

dave/onion, you guys have any experience with tv/infront of camera etc.. outside of the fg commentary
    just curious..

also if this gets off the ground, it could be a good platform for the galway vs cork vs dublin thing thats been mentioned a few times here over the last while..

what do you guys think?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I did college radio, never been on TV. Also, gonna be out of the country for the next 6 months so that may be a problem haha!

I have no tv/radio experience, but I used to do a lot of corporate/business presentations in my last job, so I got pretty comfortable talking in front of a crowd.

I'm definitely going to be more rusty, but more "in the country" than Onion.

• Advertisement

good stuff.. will keep ye in mind anyway guys..
    if not for the pilot maybe for the show itself if it gets funded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

What format is this gonna be like? Matches with commentary or? Just curious, obviously it's a good thing no matter what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i speak it.

di a guich AGUS phog ma hon :D

ayjayirl wrote: »
    What format is this gonna be like? Matches with commentary or? Just curious, obviously it's a good thing no matter what it is

open to suggestions for format..
    the idea for now is something like esgn fightnight .. so a presenter. 2 commentators. 8 competitors and a panel of 8/16 spectators who have some gaeilge and can be interviewed/make comments between fight etc [and for added hype].

will keep you in mind placebo

will keep you in mind placebo

I am 99% sure he was not serious

Placebo wrote: »
    i speak it.

di a guich AGUS phog ma hon :D
    I am 99% sure he was not serious

Shush Dave, I would love to see Farzipan on TG4.... :eek:

open to suggestions for format..
    the idea for now is something like esgn fightnight .. so a presenter. 2 commentators. 8 competitors and a panel of 8/16 spectators who have some gaeilge and can be interviewed/make comments between fight etc [and for added hype].

Make sure you get the best players in Ireland for the hype games. I'd also recommend shots of an event that shows loads of more hype and people. It would be a great advertisement after all and should make people wanna go and take part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Baa Fights would seem to be an ideal location for an event to film, if that could be organized again.

for now were just gonna shoot a simple pilot..
    then aim to get 1 or 2 seasons done properly.. if the pilot goes well and we get the go ahead,
    i would want to get all the top players involved.. otherwise what would be the point..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

i would want to get all the top players involved.. otherwise what would be the point..

Good to hear

obamacry_slow.gif

Advertisement