Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midi Input problem with Akai LPK25 and Reaper. At a loss..

• 27-02-2014 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

At a total loss with this, and even searched on some other forums to see if I could get an answer to my problem.

You would think something as basic and simple as an Akai LPK 25 straight into a regular Win 7 laptop would work with something as simple as Reaper.

No.

I cannot get it to read the keyboard.

I get an error message telling me it cannot open the midi input for the akai lpk.

I disable then re enabled the LPK 25 in Reaper midi settings, and still no luck.

Any ideas? Bought it off Thomann, and half tempted to send it back in frustration.

I tried Ableton and couldn't get it to work either.

I've emailed their support, and still not much joy. Unreal..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Have you posted on the Reaper forum? You'd get an answer there very quickly.

Are you using the latest drivers? Is it connected by Midi or Usb?

Have you posted on the Reaper forum? You'd get an answer there very quickly.

Are you using the latest drivers? Is it connected by Midi or Usb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Yeah, I've posted there, but slow to get a reply.

I'm connecting via USB cable.

I have read here and there that it may not be compatible with Reaper.

If so, I'd use Ableton (I have a lite version of Ableton) but I can't seem to get it to work on that either.

A lot of it is down to me I reckon. I would imagine it should work with Ableton.

Sorry I'm not much help. I don't have an LPK so I don't know any of the settings. I know it can be frustrating.

I had problems using USB MIDI before so now I just power my controller by USB but have it connected to the DAW by its MIDI port. You should try that in the mean time. On your track where you select your MIDI input, select your audio interface MIDI input (obviously make sure it's connected with a MIDI cable!) instead of LPK MIDI input. There's no real advantage of USB MIDI over normal MIDI if you've only got one controller.

Oops, sorry I just checked and I see the LPK is the mini keys controller with USB MIDI only. In any case, I doubt it's a compatibility problem as one of the dudes that replied to you on the Reaper forum has one and it works in his setup. It's weird that it's not working.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Yeah, I decided I'd post on multiple forums just in case someone knew the fix.

I'm only using Reaper for basic recording ideas, so if I can get it to work in Ableton, then I'll just switch over to that.

So far, no luck in Ableton though...

Advertisement