Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay unveil new single 'Midnight'

Options
  • 27-02-2014 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I was wondering what everyone thought of Coldplay's newest release?

Its based off a composition credited to Jon Hopkins (yeah so no plagiarism here).

Admittedly I haven't heard the Hopkins piece so I am unsure how much Coldplay borrowed from it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I normally enjoy Coldplay but that is awful.

Next album to be Coldplay's equivalent of Pop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Someone slipped bath salts into Chris’ fair trade camomile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

They'd done the whole "Paradise" "Waterfall" "Viva la Vida" thing to death now, so it's nice to see them move away from that. My favourite albums are still the first two though, and this song is obviously stylistically no where near those two albums. It's all about where the rest of the album goes now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Next album to be Coldplay's equivalent of Pop?

Just what I was thinking, and it makes sense because Chris Martin said (2008) that Coldplay model their albums after U2 ones, for example Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends was their Unforgettable Fire.

Agreed, the first two albums are still amazing. I wouldn't expect the next one to be on the same level, but preferably an improvement over Mylo Xyloto.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

Sounds like Bon Iver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I really like it. Listen to in bed in total darkness. Headphones on eyes closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

an other song has being unveiled from the album. very catchy tune i am loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

So lyrics for Midnight are:

Leave a light on, leave a light on, leave a light on....

Lyrics for Magic are:

No I don't, no I don't, no I don't....

Okay I'm being deliberately facetious but the songs are incredibly repetitious both lyrically and sonically.

Advertisement