Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show Eurosong 2014 Special (February 28th)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

grenache wrote: »
    At least one Iranian already has -that I know of- represented an EBU member in the contest. The duo of Aysel & Arash represented Azerbaijan in 2009. Arash is Iranian but now based in Sweden.

Cheers for that, Grenache.

He and Aysel came third, albeit miles behind Alexander Rybak. ;)

Meanwhile, RTE are refusing to report on anything that took place on the show besides Kasey being announced as the winner. I can't decide whether or not the world being round is more surprising... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0301/507580-kasey-smiths-our-eurovision-rep/

Even the BBC were willing to report on, and apologise for, Terry Wogan announcing the wrong winner on Making Your Mind Up in 2007:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6463147.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6465653.stm

(But again, "We're not the fúkking BBC..." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Meanwhile, RTE are refusing to report on anything that took place on the show besides Kasey being announced as the winner. I can't decide whether or not the world being round is more surprising... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not online maybe but they did report on it on the TV yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Not online maybe but they did report on it on the TV yesterday.

With great reluctance, no doubt... :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

This is worth a read :)

Declan Lynch – Published 02 March 2014 02:30 AM

Tubridy swallowed hard. You could see the gulping motion of the Adam's apple, reflecting his inner turmoil as he gazed at the old scoreboard, which was telling him that two songs had finished on 99 points.

In that part of his brain which is rational, he knew that something was not right. Some ancestral voice was telling him that 52 plus 50 probably does not make 99, and that 54 plus 60 does not make 99 either. And yet that other part of his brain which had been perhaps permanently darkened if not entirely incinerated by the disturbing events of the night, told him to keep going.

The old scoreboard – and it must have been a very old scoreboard indeed – had never been wrong before.

So he swallowed hard.

He started to talk about the rules in the event of a draw. At which point the man from PricewaterhouseCoopers made his crucial intervention. Drawing on all his years of training in the esoteric arts of accountancy, all the decision-making capabilities that have made him a top man at PwC, he worked out there and then, that when you add 50 to 52, you'll get more than 99. And when you add 60 to 54, you'll get even more than that.

He called it.

It is now believed that this is the first time that a person from the Irish financial services sector has called it right on any matter of major national significance.

Oh how we used to scoff at those accountant fellows we'd see supervising the Lotto draw, figuring that they were probably getting anything up to a €1,000 just to confirm that the balls had come out of the drum and that Ronan Collins had read the numbers right.

Now we felt ashamed that we have ever doubted the need for these men. Now, at last, they had come good.

And not only is Ireland getting the numbers right, eventually, it seems that important people are being challenged.

When Billy McGuinness of Aslan made his tormented plea that everyone – even those who don't know Louis Walsh – should be on a "level playing field", he was like the poet Ginsberg declaiming that he had seen the best minds of his generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked. Just because they don't know anyone.

Leaving aside McGuinness's howling critique of the ruling elite of Irish light entertainment, it had gone almost unremarked that one of the 'mentors', Valerie Roe, had selected a song written and sung by her sister Patricia. That another, Cormac Battle, had selected a song written by himself. And that a third, Hazel Kaneswaran, had a quarter share in the writing of the eventual winner.

Now, undoubtedly, most of us in that situation would do likewise. We are Irish, after all. I have no doubt that if I was lucky enough to be made a 'mentor', I would find that I could work most creatively with people who are related to me. Or I might even have a good look in the mirror and find the answer right there.

It is the way that public life has been conducted in Ireland for almost a hundred years, so when Louis suggested that Billy might be "on something", he may have meant that he was "on to something".

Billy, in turn, in the spirit of openness, would doubtless defend the right of Linda Martin to call him an "odious little man", and "a gob****e" and to march down from the platform to confront him. We would all defend that, on principle, to the death.

And it is our duty now, to defend the winning song, Heartbeat by Can-Linn, a kind of a classic Euro disco stomp interspersed with elements of pure eejitry.

Some viewers were angry that the credits rolled as Heartbeat was being triumphantly performed, that the show actually finished before the song did.

Yet on such a night for Ireland, really, who could ask for anything more?

Sunday Independent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

that's an excellent article.. Declan should join the thread of a Friday night.
    Leaving aside McGuinness's howling critique of the ruling elite of Irish light entertainment, it had gone almost unremarked that one of the 'mentors', Valerie Roe, had selected a song written and sung by her sister Patricia. That another, Cormac Battle, had selected a song written by himself. And that a third, Hazel Kaneswaran, had a quarter share in the writing of the eventual winner.

When you think about it... it is absolutely ridiculous that one of the mentors was allowed pick her sister, and another mentor was allowed to pick a song that he wrote himself... I mean we all know that is how things work in this country, but these sort of shenanigans will never lead to us winning the competition .. unless, of course, the Eurovision organisers appoint us the soul judges of this year's competition so that we can award the victory to ourselves.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

That's one of the Secrets of Fátima Fred!!...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

That's a good question. Who are these people? Does Linda Martin know where they live?

In the Eurovision itself the jury members names were previously kept secret until after the event, but this year they will be named in advance

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=90213
    Under the new rules, the names of all jury members will be announced on the 1st of May, before the contest. Additionally, EBU/EUROVISION will publish the ranking submitted by each individual jury member for all shows right after the Final, and thus the split results of jury voting and televoting for each country. To increase diversity, music industry professionals can only take a seat in a national jury if they have not been in the jury during one of the previous two editions of the contest.

Skid X wrote: »
    That's a good question. Who are these people? Does Linda Martin know where they live?

I can't stop looking over my shoulder since Friday night!!......:D:D:D

And I have a peek out the window every now and then just in case!....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In support of Billy. I agree with what he said, but we must remember that he didn't just lash out. Ryan Tubridy specifically asked him about it, before he was asked to introduced his act.

• Advertisement

linda-martin-late-late.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I made it! Spent the last 48 hours trying to catch up on the Late Late and this thread!
    Epic stuff from the boards members I have to say, I havent had such a laugh on boards since the ROT thread!

On the fiasco itself, Tubs was brutal as usual. Louis was his usual painful self, Eoin and Mia probably the only 2 there to actually give an honest opinion and not trying to promote themselves.

Fair play to Billy for standing up and saying it like it is. Louis was just being ignorant to him. Linda was just attention seeking and my gawd the state o'yer wan! She gives drag a bad name!

I havent seen the bit with the vote yet though, so I will return, but seriously, thank you boards. :D

The Late Late Show next Friday

Opening Titles, cut to Ryan Tubridy in an empty studio

"Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the show. Instead of the usual circus of Z listers, RTE Canteen guests and people with serious illnesses, we have decided to give you another chance to see the best Late Late Show in years. Please do not vote, just sit back and enjoy last weeks Eurosong once again."

The Late Late Show next Friday

Opening Titles, cut to Ryan Tubridy in an empty studio

"Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the show. Instead of the usual circus of Z listers, RTE Canteen guests and people with serious illnesses, we have decided to give you another chance to see the best Late Late Show in years. Please do not vote, just sit back and enjoy last weeks Eurosong once again."

I've ordered the popcorn and survival kit just in case!....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Next week's late late will be "Who's your babies father? Me or my dad?....has my mum had a baby with my husband?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Oh man I am still laughing thinking about the great show on Friday night.

- Johnny Logan (class as always!)
    - The fight
    - The voting debacle (bahahahahahaaaa) Pure old school eurovision/eurosong stuff!
    - Cutting off the winning song early

It was brilliant. Was thinking of other good stuff lately as well on the lls - that professional troll Katie whatsername was great as well.

I think the lesson is here the more audience involvement the better (the outrage over the professional troll's comments lol!) plus the more panels the better!

On another point of order.

Where do these mentors come from? Who decides these are the mentors?
    And who decides the rules that a mentor finds a song? finds a singer??

Since when has this been the process??

Am I right that it used to be the process that anyone in the whole country could enter?? All the songs/singers etc sent in a tape. These would be whittled down by a panel and then the country and juries around the country would vote on the best one. i.e The National Song contest or something??

Am I making this up???

Where did Valerie Roe come from as a "mentor"???? And then what a surprise! The song she finds is written by her sister and is performed by her sister. Seriously :cool: She obviously didn't go looking too far did she!

And Billy Mc's points are valid. Anyone with any kind of connection at all to any of the singers should simply not be on the panel in one shape or another.

Ridiculous.

amdublin wrote: »
    Am I right that it used to be the process that anyone in the whole country could enter?? All the songs/singers etc sent in a tape. These would be whittled down by a panel and then the country and juries around the country would vote on the best one. i.e The National Song contest or something??

Am I making this up???

Yes, it's a completely closed shop now. RTE pick five people closely connected to RTE, they mostly pick their friends or relations or themselves. Billy McGuinness is an exception here, he made an open call for song submissions

http://www.aslan.ie/news/billy-for-eurosong-2014/

The old format was an open competition, which gave everyone a chance. 'The Hit' which was broadcast last Summer had a similar format, I think they should use that as a basis for selecting next year's song.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I think RTE doesn't trust the public anymore. In the nineties, songs picked by the public almost invariably won the Eurovision Song Contest and that didn't suit RTE's finances..There wouldn't have been enough money left to pay their "top presenters". It seems strange that since the decision was taken out of the public's hands, all our entries have been disastrous.
    Culminating in that ridiculous decision to send a toy, woolly turkey to represent our country in one of the most-watched competitions in Europe. The question is : do we deserve to who it anymore?
    The question is: do we deserve to win it anymore?

• Advertisement

This video was posted recently on Youtube, it's a 15 minute compilation of some of the highlights of the Gay Byrne LLS years.

I really enjoyed it, it brought back a lot of memories

coolhull wrote: »
    The question is : do we deserve to who it anymore?

The answer is yes.
    The answer is yes.

The answer is yes.
    The answer is yes.

Sorry, my phone double-posting there, again again!

I think RTE doesn't trust the public anymore. In the nineties, songs picked by the public almost invariably won the Eurovision Song Contest and that didn't suit RTE's finances..There wouldn't have been enough money left to pay their "top presenters". It seems strange that since the decision was taken out of the public's hands, all our entries have been disastrous.
    Culminating in that ridiculous decision to send a toy, woolly turkey to represent our country in one of the most-watched competitions in Europe. The question is : do we deserve to who it anymore?

coolhull wrote: »

I think Jedward's first song was excellent, on another day that could have won. But most of our recent efforts have been weak.

Only the country with the best song deserves to win. We need to open the door to people outside RTE and have a better selection process. Maybe it would cost them to host it again, but it would be great for the country. I'm sure the Government would cover the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

I think Jedward's first song was excellent, on another day that could have won. But most of our recent efforts have been weak.

Only the country with the best song deserves to win. We need to open the door to people outside RTE and have a better selection process. Maybe it would cost them to host it again, but it would be great for the country. I'm sure the Government would cover the cost.

We have no hope of ever winning this competition ever again as the rules stand.

We have no hope of ever winning this competition ever again as the rules stand.

The best song wins in most years. The format is against us, but it's not impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

This video was posted recently on Youtube, it's a 15 minute compilation of some of the highlights of the Gay Byrne LLS years.

I really enjoyed it, it brought back a lot of memories

Thanks for posting. Gay Byrne was a really class act. The thing that struck me most was how innovative the LLS was in its day. It didnt constantly look backwards - it sought out the controversial, the opinion makers, the rebellious. It challenged the status quo. It was really brave and it gave a real platform for Irish people to stand up to the toxic dominance of the church and the state.
    Now...its lazy, incompetent and irrelevant. Even Ryan Tubridy looks bored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Gergiev

Who designed the graphics, Spinal Tap? "This scoreboard only goes up to 99 ..."
    That was a shocker, the RTE Graphics people must be glad that Linda Martin and Billy McGuinness are getting most of the publicity.

llsscoring2.png

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/eurosong-scoreboard-results-error-1339243-Mar2014/

A case of Y2.014K ??? :rolleyes:

I hope Billy does get an apology.

The "Terrible Two" seriously think they are the "Godfathers" of the Irish music scene....:rolleyes:

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/eurosong-no-lawsuit-by-billy-mcguinness-but-louis-walsh-must-apologise-30055921.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Phew! Thankfully I get to post in this thread. What a long one!

I'm so impressed with the guys on this thread. You really have done well here.

The whole show was a car crash from start to finish. The fight between Linda and Billy was the showstopper that the show really wanted. I was nearly becoming bored after seeing the first two songs. I thought I was going to falling to asleep, but I'm glad I didn't now.

The other highlights of the show was Johnny Logan, Rock 'n' Roll Kids and the voting farce that happened near the end.

I'll bet that those voting graphics will get a big revamp next year after the LLS production crowd having been using after since PK started off the LL Eurosong using them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

RTE still haven't noticed that they look silly in all of this...."ah sure it got us the ratings.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭briany

LorMal wrote: »
    Thanks for posting. Gay Byrne was a really class act. The thing that struck me most was how innovative the LLS was in its day. It didnt constantly look backwards - it sought out the controversial, the opinion makers, the rebellious. It challenged the status quo. It was really brave and it gave a real platform for Irish people to stand up to the toxic dominance of the church and the state.
    Now...its lazy, incompetent and irrelevant. Even Ryan Tubridy looks bored.

Everything's been dispersed.

The world's changed since the heyday of the Late Late show. Now, there's no shortage of shows which court controversy or have that one guest on who's clearly drunk/deranged. No shortage of shows which give the floor to members of the audience. No shortage of anything, really. In the old days, the LLS was so much more exclusive in it's capacity as a public platform. It was the only place where you could have all these things that people miss about it so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

briany wrote: »
    Everything's been dispersed.

The world's changed since the heyday of the Late Late show. Now, there's no shortage of shows which court controversy or have that one guest on who's clearly drunk/deranged. No shortage of shows which give the floor to members of the audience. No shortage of anything, really. In the old days, the LLS was so much more exclusive in it's capacity as a public platform. It was the only place where you could have all these things that people miss about it so much.

Yes, a case of more quantity, less quality now. However, it was not just that the LLS was the only gig in town - that could have been an excuse to be average. It constantly innovated and adapted to changing times. Great live music, top quality guests, powerful debates, the toy show, the business entrepreneurs show, antique restoration (way way before anyone else), comedy, religion, politics, sex drugs and rock n roll (and that was just Collette)....Essential viewing until about 1990 - then we all kinda grew up...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

The best song wins in most years. The format is against us, but it's not impossible.

As it stands, it is unfortunately. We can't compete with block voting unless we put in a world renowned act

Twink has spoken
    “Billy is a decent guy and he has done a lot for the business,” Twink told independent.ie, “but Louis doesn’t have anyone in his back pocket.”

“Get over yourself,” she continued.

“We all know each other. Ireland is a small place. People have access to people, Louis has access to people. Of course he will encourage them to vote, it’d be looking a gift horse in the mouth not to.

“I think Billy should stop – Louis has a right to be [on the panel].”

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/lowering-the-tone-twink-wades-in-on-the-eurosong-debate-30057525.html

You know you've messed up when Twink is able to claim the high moral ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Twink has spoken

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/lowering-the-tone-twink-wades-in-on-the-eurosong-debate-30057525.html

You know you've messed up when Twink is able to claim the high moral ground.

This means that Twink and Linda Martin are on the same side !!!!

Not such a shock really. When Twink and Linda Martin were fartin around with outdated music, panto and bull****, Aslan were actually at the forefront of what music was about. It's all so easy to understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

In the same way that Hitler and Mussolini were on the same side...:eek:

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Not such a shock really. When Twink and Linda Martin were fartin around with outdated music, panto and bull****, Aslan were actually at the forefront of what music was about. It's all so easy to understand.

Aslan kinda only have one song............unless you're big into them maybe?

Hitchens wrote: »

Not into them at all, but they do have more than one song in fairness. My point still stands. The void between the likes of Twink, Linda Martin and Aslan is massive. The further void between them and Louie Walsh is also evident. Louie Walsh ****ed up careers and was a failure until he paraded a few lads on the LLS in the 90s. He tapped into a particular culture at the time and rode the tails of Take That, East 17 etc. from an Irish perspective. Westlife followed after he got bored with Boyzone. Louie Walsh is as shallow as a downed glass of whiskey. "You're expendable" is his motto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭briany

You could say that about so many people.

"Louis Armstrong? Isn't he that bloke who did 'What a Wonderful World? Never heard from again....:rolleyes:'"

Whatever you think of Aslan, they were a pretty hard working band doing their thing, honest in doing it. I like to think that's more what music's about than whatever Linda Martin is.

briany wrote: »
    You could say that about so many people.

"Louis Armstrong? Isn't he that bloke who did 'What a Wonderful World? Never heard from again....:rolleyes:'"

Whatever you think of Aslan, they were a pretty hard working band doing their thing, honest in doing it. I like to think that's more what music's about than whatever Linda Martin is.

cool the jets dude, just saying, Aslan have 'How Can I Protect You' and Linda Martin has 'Why Me?'

Satchmo had 'Hello Dolly' as well though :)

cool the jets dude, just saying, Aslan have 'How Can I Protect You' and Linda Martin has 'Why Me?'

Satchmo had 'Hello Dolly' as well though :)

Elaborate so, based on the post about Aslan having only one song.

I think my head was close to exploding on Friday with everything that was going on.

If tonights RTE1 technical shenanigans had occurred then, it might have been too much for me

http://www.thejournal.ie/rte-one-prime-time-irish-ukrainians-not-russians-1343378-Mar2014/
    IF YOU TUNED into RTÉ One television, you might have noticed something a little repetitive going on.
    While RTÉ’s Prime Time should have been playing, viewers were treated to a loop of “Irish Ukrainians, not Russians” for around twenty minutes.
    However, Managing Director, RTÉ News and Current Affairs Kevin Bakhurst explained that technicians had been working to be fix the problem but were unable to rectify it for some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Phew just got thru that

"You're an odious little man" was the main reply of Linda 'Lockhorns'

I may have missed the first encounter tonite (will have to look it up), but she was coming to the boil when she said that (bunnyboiler?) :p
    It looked like she was more of a bully, as Laffing Louis was stuck to his seat from a distance.

The graphics were hilarious, looks like cutbacks & now working with an abacus!

Definitely car crash tv, whether it was staged or not? Whether we'll remember the singer or not, we'll certainly remember this.

& with the technical gaffes & gift grub to come, RTE have certainly entertained us for the wrong reasons, as TE in RTE used to stand for Tepid Entertainment, and also for a while i thought the Russians were coming, when i saw this link below
    Gilmore on Russian invasion: What’s at issue here is a clear breach of international law

& it didnt stop there either, what if Linda Menacing Martin wore glasses, she could be Sarah Palin! frightening thought :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

If all the Irish entry into the Eurovision seems to create in recent years is fighting and animosity and with the prospect of us winning it very remote anyway, would it be better off not to enter it at all?

First off, there was controversy over the 1995 song 'Dreaming' by Eddie Friel as being a copy of a 1970s song called 'Moonlight' and it also very like a 1950s song called 'My love'. In the end, Friel finished 'poorly for Ireland' (if only we did as well as he did now!!!).

Then, there was the disasterous showing of Gary O'Shaughnessy in 2001. A once off they hoped? Instead, it was the beginning of the nightmare for Ireland! MJH scored better the next time (Ireland missed a year from it in 2002) in 2003 with a mid ranking position and it justified the You're a Star (Eurostar?) machine. However, Chris Doran and Donna & Joe fared worse, up against a strong crop of Eastern Europeans in 2004 and 2005. Brian Kennedy revived us in 2006 for sure, but in subsequent years, it was all downhill with Dustin the canvas bag being our nadir of the tournament.

The next part is where things got nasty. Not one of the above gained any fame out of the Eurovision apart from the infamy of the canvas bag. Like it or not, the canvas bag has not been heard from much since. The death knell of Eurovision failure. Jedward did us proud by cracking the top 10 in 2011, our best showing since 2006. So, we sent them again in 2012 and they did less well but still one of the better showings of the last 10 years in the grand scheme of things. So, we ditch them completely as well. Not once since May 2012 apart from one meagre showing on Brendan O'Connor's show have we seen them. 2013's Ryan Dolan did not better than his similarly named predecessor Chris Doran with a similar type song.

So, the blame game starts always. Linda, Louis, Johnny Logan, etc. all have their say and some of what they say is right while more is just snide insults of each other (mostly deriving from Linda!!) but the fact remains: Ireland is unlikely to ever win it again. The present belongs to Eastern Europe, the future to a moderate Iran and a greater Eastern Europe encompassing much of a post-war Middle East. Maybe, John Waaters spring song could then be revived !!!! Or maybe not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MaybeBaby2014

Galvasean wrote: »
    Don't know much about their Twitter but they didn't bother making a fan page for Laura O'Neill - just used the Aslan page, which I think is a bit unfair on Laura. Now that the Eurosong is over, she has no significant online fan base.
    Then you have to consider McGuinness making a holy show of himself before she went on stage. If you ask me, Aslan were just using her to raise their own profile.

Here you go
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/Elleoneillmusic

Or here's a link to some of her songs on YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMs1vvOdvug
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYF-r7Vl3Z2hv7unozvvXbw

Or catch her on Twitter
    https://twitter.com/ElleOneillmusic

Oh man I am still laughing thinking about the great show on Friday night.

- Johnny Logan (class as always!)
    - The fight
    - The voting debacle (bahahahahahaaaa) Pure old school eurovision/eurosong stuff!
    - Cutting off the winning song early

It was brilliant. Was thinking of other good stuff lately as well on the lls - that professional troll Katie whatsername was great as well.

I think the lesson is here the more audience involvement the better (the outrage over the professional troll's comments lol!) plus the more panels the better!

I think there is something in that. When you get the audience involved it gets interesting. Guests should be prepared to hear differing opinions - it generates debate and incident and makes for a better show. Involving the audience or having a panel would maje for a better show.

Tubs commented on the argument yesterday
    Speaking on his 2fm radio programme yesterday, Tubridy said he enjoyed the row.

"As TV goes, did I enjoy it? Yeah, I did. I thought it was bonkers television and I like a bit of bonkers TV," he said.

"It was like driving a car with no brakes going down a hill. I quite like that. It's live.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/tubs-loved-bonkers-late-late-eurosong-row-30061054.html

And that's what everyone wants. They should take it back to its roots, and have an LLS with the audience heard as well as seen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement