Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

your world 11?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Moneymaker wrote: »
    He'll be into his 30s and injuries will have caught up with him imo.

He'll be 28 in 2 years, and 30 in 4. Not exactly old, he should be well capable of keeping up with the likes of Neymar.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

Neuer

Alves----Silva----Kompany----Lahm

Toure
    Vidal

Iniesta

Messi
    Ronaldo
    Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Valdes

Azpilicueta, Ramos, Thiago Silva, Lahm

Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta

Messi, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Valdes

Azpilicueta, Ramos, Thiago Silva, Lahm

Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta

Messi, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo
    :pac:
    Always predictable.

Neuer
    Lahm Koscielny Silva Alaba
    Schweinsteiger Busquets
    Fabregas Messi Ronaldo
    Ibrahimovic

Still wouldn't be sure about leaving out Casillas. The man is a god, don't know why Real don't always play him.

Messi, Ronaldo and Ibra cannot be left out. Nor can Lahm really. Centre back is hard, besides Silva. Midfield, could their in Kroos, Ribery, Iniesta, Ozil (the last two months aside, he's still an awesome player). Haven't seen much of Vidal, so don't know about him. Hazard and Suarez are squeezed out by the sheer depth of quality in their positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Neur

Lahm-Silva-Terry-Alaba

---Vidal-Schweinsteiger-

Suarez-Hazard-Ronaldo

Messi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Always predictable.

I'm only surprised Pique isn't there.

Valdes ahead of Neuer or even Courtois is truly absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'm only surprised Pique isn't there.

Valdes ahead of Neuer or even Courtois is truly absurd.

Why? I haven't gone through your team and called anything absurd. It's an opinion and my opinion is that Victor Valdes has been the best goalkeeper in the world for the last 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

People who have Aguerro ahead of Suarez confuses me. Sergio is a wonderful player but surely Luis is a notch above him. Is it down to a personal dislike of him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'm most surprised at the lack of players from Bayern in most teams. In a lot of cases Lahm, Alaba and Neuer are the only ones there. More Schweinsteiger in the last few teams but the people who put Vidal, Toure and others ahead of him are just laughable imo. Toure in anyone's team is laughable really. Nowhere near the top centre mid in the world. Suarez doesn't get in because Messi has to be accommodated in his best position which is also Suarez's. Can't move Suarez out wide as there are players better suited to those positions. Same with Ibra unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Neuer
    Lahm
    Alaba
    Kompany
    T Silva
    Modric
    Vidal
    Kroos
    Messi
    Ronaldo
    Zlatan

I only havent Schweinsteiger cause hes been injured often recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

My favourite post was the one that didn't have Ronaldo in the team. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

My favourite post was the one that didn't have Ronaldo in the team. :pac:

I was reading through the thread thinking "Somebody's gotta call out this".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    People who have Aguerro ahead of Suarez confuses me. Sergio is a wonderful player but surely Luis is a notch above him. Is it down to a personal dislike of him?

Aguero is a world class player one of the top 5 forwards in the world. He has been very unfortunate with injuries. Id class aguero, suarez and ibra at a fairly similar level behind the main two ronaldo and messi.

Aguero is a world class player one of the top 5 forwards in the world. He has been very unfortunate with injuries. Id class aguero, suarez and ibra at a fairly similar level behind the main two ronaldo and messi.
    I agree about him being the same level as Suarez but I wouldnt put him at Zlatans level. Zlatan is closer to the top two than anyone bar maybe Ribery

• Advertisement

Zlatan is so good, I don't know how people ignore it. If Messi and Ronaldo weren't around he'd arguably be the best player anyone had ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Liam O wrote: »
    I'm most surprised at the lack of players from Bayern in most teams. In a lot of cases Lahm, Alaba and Neuer are the only ones there. More Schweinsteiger in the last few teams but the people who put Vidal, Toure and others ahead of him are just laughable imo. Toure in anyone's team is laughable really. Nowhere near the top centre mid in the world. Suarez doesn't get in because Messi has to be accommodated in his best position which is also Suarez's. Can't move Suarez out wide as there are players better suited to those positions. Same with Ibra unfortunately.
    Bayern are far more about the sum than the parts. Not that the parts are at all shabby but I think the 3 you mentioned are the only ones who are the best in the world in their position. I love Bastian, I really do, but I rate Yaya's powerful attacking surges, and Vidal's all-round complete amazingness higher. Schweinsteiger would definitely have been next on my list though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Neuer

Alaba Koscielny ( Arsenal Fan ) Kompany Lahm

Busquets

Schweinsteiger Vidal Fabregas ( Arsenal Fan :))

Bale Messi

Ronaldo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Pyjamarama wrote: »

Sergio lacks the unpredictabe element to be in with the elite imo, maybe it's just me but I never fancy him to have a Ronaldinho/Zidane moment against elite opposition.

Hope he proves me wrong in the world cup.

Suarez I fancy to put anyone on their ass.

Anyone want to start an all time 11?

I would have Ronaldinho over any attacking player ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Why does it have to be laughable? Can't criticise without being childish

What might be laughable is putting Alba at left back. Probably the most overrated left back in the world, certainly defensively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Corholio wrote: »
    Why does it have to be laughable? Can't criticise without being childish

What might be laughable is putting Alba at left back. Probably the most overrated left back in the world, certainly defensively.

I don't know, picking a player who will pick and choose games or seasons that he actually gives a shìt for in a world 11 seems a bit laughable to me. Don't see how that's childish in any way unless you can't take criticism without getting personal...

This team are hardly going to be defending much so Alba, you know, world cup winning first choice Alba would be better than a midfielder played on the left because there's no space for him in the centre. Not to say he hasn't adapted well but I think Bayern would be a lot better switching him and Lahm's current positions. Calling Alba laughable really shows you up as being petty in this case and seemingly having to go tit for tat on a criticism.

On Vidal, he's not played in nearly as many big games to anywhere near the level of Schweinsteiger. Juve didn't even make the knockout stages of the CL this season which a lot of people seem to forget when discussing their quality but that's probably for another argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

1. Andy Reid
    2. Andy Reid
    3. Andy Reid
    4. Andy Reid
    5. Andy Reid
    6. Andy Reid
    7. Andy Reid
    8. Andy Reid
    9. Andy Reid
    10. Andy Reid
    11. Andy Reid

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Sergio lacks the unpredictabe element to be in with the elite imo, maybe it's just me but I never fancy him to have a Ronaldinho/Zidane moment against elite opposition.

Hope he proves me wrong in the world cup.

Suarez I fancy to put anyone on their ass.

Anyone want to start an all time 11?

I would have Ronaldinho over any attacking player ever.

Funnily enough it's Aguero who has the superior record against "elite opposition".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Zlatan is so good, I don't know how people ignore it. If Messi and Ronaldo weren't around he'd arguably be the best player anyone had ever seen.

Alot of so called football fans from these shores have a very poor knowledge of the continental European Leagues, and because Dunphy and to a lesser extent Giles told us for years that Ibra was lazy and not very good, alot of people actually started to believe it, despite the fact that all the available evidence very much points to the oppoiste, the man is a fcukin genius and in any other era of football would be hailed as 'The Greatest'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Suarez is better than Ibra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

lol at any team that doesn't have Messi and C. Ronaldo.

He really, really isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

This team are hardly going to be defending much so Alba, you know, world cup winning first choice Alba would be better than a midfielder played on the left because there's no space for him in the centre. Not to say he hasn't adapted well but I think Bayern would be a lot better switching him and Lahm's current positions. Calling Alba laughable really shows you up as being petty in this case and seemingly having to go tit for tat on a criticism.

Alba's a left winger who Unai Emery stuck left back because Mathieu was injured, as even though Alba couldn't defend he was left-footed, and Valencia's fastest (and second fittest iirc) player so could make up for it by out-pacing wingers who got by him.

I don't know, picking a player who will pick and choose games or seasons that he actually gives a shìt for in a world 11 seems a bit laughable to me. Don't see how that's childish in any way unless you can't take criticism without getting personal...

On Vidal, he's not played in nearly as many big games to anywhere near the level of Schweinsteiger. Juve didn't even make the knockout stages of the CL this season which a lot of people seem to forget when discussing their quality but that's probably for another argument.

I actually agree with you on Toure, Vidal not so much. I called you up on calling people laughable for choosing them, that's what was childish.

People can put 'world cup winning' before a player all they want but doesn't mean he's a world class defender, in Alba's case he certainly isn't. Stick him on the left wing, no problem with him there, as a left back he'll certainly be caught out.

The difference is I called the choice of the player laughable, you called the people doing it. But whatever it's cool, picking teams etc always leads to arguments like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Neuer

Lahm Kompany Koscielny Alaba

Scweinsteiger Busquets

Messi Iniesta Ronaldo

Zlatan

Subs:

Casillas, T Silva, Alves, Y Toure, Fabregas, Ozil, Suarez

• Advertisement

He really, really isn't.

I would say he is marginally better, although better nonetheless. I love how you're implying that Suarez is nowhere near Ibra's level.

I would say he is marginally better, although better nonetheless. I love how you're implying that Suarez is nowhere near Ibra's level.

No, he's just flat-out said that Suarez isn't better than Ibrahimovic, and he'd be right.

No, he's just flat-out said that Suarez isn't better than Ibrahimovic, and he'd be right.

I love Ibra way more and he is a privilege to watch, but Suarez is more effective. Ibra has had the better career but right now I'd have Suarez.

CSF wrote: »
    I love Ibra way more and he is a privilege to watch, but Suarez is more effective. Ibra has had the better career but right now I'd have Suarez.

How is Suarez more effective though? Ibrahimovic is a great target man as well as to feet. Suarez has more assists but Zlatan's getting more goals. Seems pretty even to me, it's the fact that Zlatan scores the spectacular 30 yard volley every week that makes him better for me.

How is Suarez more effective though? Ibrahimovic is a great target man as well as to feet. Suarez has more assists but Zlatan's getting more goals. Seems pretty even to me, it's the fact that Zlatan scores the spectacular 30 yard volley every week that makes him better for me.

He's playing in a league full of plodders.

WTF have you been smoking??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is it ok to say both are excellent? I think both are quality.

nobody stated that Suarez is lot worse then Ibra. Dont be silly

Just to confirm you must be a Liverpool fan, right??? Cause nothing else would make this understandable

He's playing in a league full of plodders.

Yes, and has proved it in multiple leagues that aren't full of plodders. In case you hadn't noticed, he's also top scorer in the Champions League this season. Plodders obviously. Oh, and the goals he scores - he'd score them against anybody. Unstoppable.

• Advertisement

Yes, and has proved it in multiple leagues that aren't full of plodders. In case you hadn't noticed, he's also top scorer in the Champions League this season. Plodders obviously. Oh, and the goals he scores - he'd score them against anybody. Unstoppable.
    But could he do it on a cold night in Stoke, I think thats really the question :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Maybe against Norwich but put me as a manager in a World Cup final tommorrow or a European Cup Final and I would have Ibra all day long.

Ibra has also been at the top alot longer and proved it in many different arenas and leagues and against all sorts of opposition, Suarez is class but he has yet to deliver that level of quality consistently.

Its one of the biggest shames of this years world cup that Ibra won't be there, it will lessen it as a spectacle for me anyway.

I think Suarez is the kind of guy who could actually carry Uruguay, I'm not sure Ibrahimovic is the type of player to do that for Sweden, even though people will say he's been doing that to Sweden for a little while, which is partly true, however when he's disinterested it has hampered Sweden in the past.

On both players, I think because of Ibra's excellent record I'd have him above Suarez right now.

Why? I haven't gone through your team and called anything absurd. It's an opinion and my opinion is that Victor Valdes has been the best goalkeeper in the world for the last 2 years.

You can have an opinion but that doesn't mean its right.

For me, Suarez's assists/goals to game ratio this season, taking into account the level of opposition, would only ever be exceeded by Messi or Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Schweinsteiger has not been the same player he was over the last 12 months or so. He has fallen down the pecking order for me and would currently be behind Vidal, Toure and a couple of others imo.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Schweinsteiger has not been the same player he was over the last 12 months or so. He has fallen down the pecking order for me and would currently be behind Vidal, Toure and a couple of others imo.

Only because he's been injured all season. Fit, he gets into any world XI for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I have never seen vidal play . Really looking forward to seeing him in action at the world cup. Lots on here seem to really rate him.

I have never seen vidal play . Really looking forward to seeing him in action at the world cup. Lots on here seem to really rate him.

Best midfielder in the world this season. He's basically the complete player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Alot of so called football fans from these shores have a very poor knowledge of the continental European Leagues, and because Dunphy and to a lesser extent Giles told us for years that Ibra was lazy and not very good, alot of people actually started to believe it, despite the fact that all the available evidence very much points to the oppoiste, the man is a fcukin genius and in any other era of football would be hailed as 'The Greatest'.

Such hyperbole in the other direction doesn't really help your argument. Its just as easy to say that it has become the cool thing to praise Ibrahimovic and that his talents are being vastly overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

CSF wrote: »
    For me, Suarez's assists/goals to game ratio this season, taking into account the level of opposition, would only ever be exceeded by Messi or Ronaldo

"Quality of opposition"

Wat.

Suarez hasn't scored against United, Chelsea, Arsenal or City (in the league anyway) this season, instead filling his pockets against Norwich, Fulham, Cardiff & WBA.

Meanwhile Ibra is top scorer in the CL this season...

Nobody (I hope) would argue against him being an outstanding striker... There are just better players to pick from.

• Advertisement
Advertisement