Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trackday Bike Rental....

• 27-02-2014 2:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Seen this on another Irish bike forum....seems like an excellent idea. Rent a bike for a day or part there of, perfect for pansies like me that dont want ring the neck of their own pride and joy. Then lowside it waving to the wife......

http://www.gobikes.ie/track-day-rentals

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Great idea, reasonably priced. No excuse now for anyone to get out on track! Hope it goes well for them! Would like to try one myself - might be an idea to use one ofthem rather than risking dropping my own bike! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Zascar wrote: »
    Great idea, reasonably priced. No excuse now for anyone to get out on track! Hope it goes well for them! Would like to try one myself - might be an idea to use one ofthem rather than risking dropping my own bike! :p

Deffo, that is my thinking. Give us a bell if you thinking of doing it Zassy I will go along with you and drag two others if they have the stones for doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Deffo, that is my thinking. Give us a bell if you thinking of doing it Zassy I will go along with you and drag two others if they have the stones for doing it.

I'm up for another track day, but want to do it on the bird this time!

p.s. there is a 10% discount for biker.ie members with the rentals.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Deffo. Sunday March 30th. Lets do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Great idea. Thanks to OP.

I am surprised by how low the deposit is (€250)

I am getting married next year, this may just have to be part of the Stag weekend. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

I am surprised by how low the deposit is (€250)

Well I imagine if it was to high people would still be be put off by the potential outlay if they came off.

Good idea alright, i can see it doing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I have been dying to do a track day. I absolutely need to work on my confidence when cornering. I know the SV can lean way more that i have the stones to lean it.

Dont have the few quid for it at the moment though.

Advertisement