Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help understanding specs

Options
  • 27-02-2014 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

I want to buy a HDD and ive seen one on argos.ie:
    Save your files on the go with this Toshiba Stor.e Canvio 1TB Portable Hard Drive. Compatible with a number of different systems and capable of storing up to 1TB with 10MB system hard disk space and 256MB system memory, it is perfect for transferring important files and keeping them safe. It can also be used to add vital storage space to your home computer.

what does this part mean:
    up to 1TB with 10MB system hard disk space and 256MB system memory,

I know its about 1TB but what s the other stuff?
    10MB system hard disk space
    and
    256MB system memory

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

It just means you need 10MB space on your main hard drive and 256MB RAM on your current system to be able to use the external drive, although I'm going to assume those requirements are for the bundled software and not the drive itself.

Poorly worded in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I have the 2TB model of this, bought it 6 months back in soundstore for €100, just checked and its still the same price.

Advertisement