Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Powerbronze.....

• 27-02-2014 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get a rear hugger for the Triumph, prolly should have got one at the start of winter but funds are limited at the moment....

Anyone have any dealing with the POWERBRONZE brand, currently have a carbon fibre clone hugger on the site that I was gonna bite the bullet on.

Is there anywhere else that does them in Ireland if possible keep it local loike?

http://www.powerbronzeireland.com/900486/818253/831892/HUGGER---TRIUMPH-SPRINT-ST-05-12---CARBON-LOOK.item

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I have a carbon fibre one on the zzr.
    Looks well but they are flimsy.

If I remember rightly, I think I got it in Ireland.
    Google powerbronze Ireland and see but I'm not 100% sure.

It cost something like €105 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah, I have the site bookmarked. It says powerbronze.ie but afaik they are a UK company.....Most huggers are gonna be flimsy enough, as long as they do what it says on the tin I dont mind. They are looking for €95 odd for the carbon fibre one alright.

Cheers.

The only other thing.. well my one anyway, the front of it(directly in front of your wheel)only rests down on the swing arm.
    So a small bit of shoite still gets through through there.
    You might see some huggers cable tied here.

Someday soon I'm going to mod my one with a piece of rubber and maybe some tiger seal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Powerbronze 'Carbon Look' goes to shoite in no time IMHO

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Powerbronze 'Carbon Look' goes to shoite in no time IMHO

Is it just the carbon look hugger that is bad or powerbronze in general?

• Advertisement

Carbon look in general Wonda-Boy, I found the lacquer finish degraded rapidly in my experience...

Maybe I got a Friday evening/Monday morning special though :(

Carbon look in general Wonda-Boy, I found the lacquer finish degraded rapidly in my experience...

Maybe I got a Friday evening/Monday morning special though.

Or ya bought it at a car boot sale....lol. Its just I dont want to spend mad money on a hugger TBH.....will have a look at skidmarks website. They do them aswel.

Maybe I got a Friday evening/Monday morning special though :(
    What kinda time frame did it degrade?
    I have mine about 6 months now and still looks like new.
    I keep it fairly clean most of the time but I'll be keeping an eye out for now.

blade1 wrote: »
    What kinda time frame did it degrade?
    I have mine about 6 months now and still looks like new.
    I keep it fairly clean most of the time but I'll be keeping an eye out for now.
    12+ months...although as I said, it could have been a Friday night/Monday morning job :confused:

12mths for €100 is not to bad with the abuse bikes get....Id say it was the corrosion more so then anything. Did you clean it regularly Mash???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

update with who you go with in the end, definitely will be adding one to the new bike, yeah that's right have a new bike.. (technically I don't have it though, but sale agreed, will drop the cash over later on) and then wonder what's the best way to get it up to Mayo, my place there is 7 miles from a bus stop, getting there not a problem, how to get back to galway may be.
    still its a good complaint to have.

03 Bandit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Those chain guard hugger combos don't look great, I'd be after something like this
    https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/accessory.html?accessoryCode=726

Fabritzo wrote: »
    Those chain guard hugger combos don't look great, I'd be after something like this
    https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/accessory.html?accessoryCode=726

Yeah...jaysus that is sexy compared to the hugger. All I want is to deflect the ****e off the shock etc.

This is the exact colour to match my bike aswell the TORNADO RED.

https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/accessory.html?h=15_100580&accessoryCode=727&d=SPRINT+1050+05-10+TORNADO+RED+HUGGER&partNumber=076100G

Very pricey for a piece of plastic. It will cost me around €160-170 delivered ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

how much is the official triumph one, out of interest?

personally think the coloured ones look a bit naff, but just me

Wossack wrote: »
    how much is the official triumph one, out of interest?

personally think the coloured ones look a bit naff, but just me

I think it depends an awful lot on the bike TBH, if there is alot of fairing and the bike is a bright colour then it can look well at the back wheel. If the bike is mostly naked with steel then its bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Wonda. Pyramid stuff is great. The fairings, hugger and cowl on my SV are pyramid. Good service too.

goodlad wrote: »
    Wonda. Pyramid stuff is great. The fairings, hugger and cowl on my SV are pyramid. Good service too.

Not doubting the quality but the cost is mental for it....I would rather get something for €90ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Seems to be a black one on ebay for 93stg but then there's delivery, try parcel motel maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Powerbronze is ****E! Pure utter, unadulterated ****E!

Got a hugger from them few years back, arrived scratched & marked.

Didn't want to know.

Bastard to fit, had to redrill fitting holes & re-form bracket.

Avoid like the plague!

Bosh wrote: »
    Powerbronze is ****E! Pure utter, unadulterated ****E!

Got a hugger from them few years back, arrived scratched & marked.

Didn't want to know.

Bastard to fit, had to redrill fitting holes & re-form bracket.

Avoid like the plague!

So you didnt like it then......;)

Seem to be getting so so reviews......so I will stay clear me thinks or the PB make.

• Advertisement

Wonda,
    did you ever get the hugger? not done a thing about getting mine since as i keep forgetting about it until i am somewhere with no internet, then i think about it!

No I am getting an R&G shock tube instead mate.....only £30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

When I read the thread title I thought wonda was looking for advice on fake tan :D

Cienciano wrote: »
    When I read the thread title I thought wonda was looking for advice on fake tan :D

Well if I ever go "Down that road" you would be the 1st person I would call ya big handbag. ;)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    No I am getting an R&G shock tube instead mate.....only £30.

they look very interesting, not noticed them before, will do a little more searching on it.
    cheers

But covering up the shock! :eek:

But covering up the shock! :eek:

Yeah what the problem with that? Its just getting shielded from all the **** and ****e from the road. All you have to do is take it off every month or so and cover the shock in ACF50.

The shock looks good though! I'm a fair weather biker now

The shock looks good though! I'm a fair weather biker now

Ahh sure the loikes of them dont even need to wear helmets......us rain warriors are the real deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement