Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PENNEYS MATERNITY SECTION KLAXON!

Options
  • 27-02-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

Just spotted this yesterday, they used to only have a few pairs of jeans, and some underwear. But they now have a small section with tops, dresses, leggings etc. And the maternity bras come in cuter range of colours, and more jeans too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

They have a black wrap dress which is lovely! I was raging, the mat stuff came in literally the week I had my son!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

nikpmup wrote: »
    They have a black wrap dress which is lovely! I was raging, the mat stuff came in literally the week I had my son!

Me too, it's a bit late for me now as I have everything I need and I'd only be buying something for the sake of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Raging they didn't have any while I was pregnant! *makes mental notes for next time...*

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

which Pennys?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    which Pennys?

I was only in the Mary St, Dublin branch yesterday. Not sure how many shops will have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Sister in Law works in Pennys Blanchardstown and they have / are getting the range too

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

O'Connell street only have skinny jeans and a black dress, as does blanch.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I will keep an eye out in our local one. No harm in having a positive mental attitude and stocking up! :D

*crosses fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I got maternity skinny jeans in the penneys in dundrum at end of October for €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Penneys in Swords have the maternity range as well! But at 35 weeks, I don't need anything :-(

I bought their nursing cami though, could be handy for sleeping as when I was breastfeeding my first child I needed support day and night!

Have anyone bought their breastfeeding bras? The straps did not look wide/thick, as I went up to an FF cup last time, I am afraid it won't be supportive enough for me.

• Advertisement

Have anyone bought their breastfeeding bras? The straps did not look wide/thick, as I went up to an FF cup last time, I am afraid it won't be supportive enough for me.

I just bought a set as they are some of the only non-underwire bras out there. They're just ok as bras, the back strap is firm at the elastic and then the fabric in between is not as taught, so you get a lovely attractive bulge along your bra line (if you get what I mean) Not sure how they are as an actual breastfeeding bra, but they're pretty cheap. So might be worth a punt?

I got some very comfortable non underwire bras in Marks and Spencers (20 euros each) Might go back to there for breastfeeding bras, I like that the ladies in the changing rooms are able to measure me as I wouldn't be the best at choosing the right bra size!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

Has anyone bought the €15 skinny jeans? What do you think of the fit of them? I bought the size 14 ones the other day as the size 12 were too tight.. They OK but back is gaping on them and they keep falling down.. I dunno if it's the shape of me or the jeans are weird cut.. Just wondering what others thought of them..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

MissFire wrote: »
    Has anyone bought the €15 skinny jeans? What do you think of the fit of them? I bought the size 14 ones the other day as the size 12 were too tight.. They OK but back is gaping on them and they keep falling down.. I dunno if it's the shape of me or the jeans are weird cut.. Just wondering what others thought of them..

Mine were way too big even at 40 weeks! Literally would fall down when I would walk! I even tried to shrink them in the tumble dryer lol! I was in my normal size 12 skinny jeans till 32 weeks but then they got uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

My legs are poured into them and they fall down around the ass, whoever designed the fit was not thinking practically!

My legs are poured into them and they fall down around the ass, whoever designed the fit was not thinking practically!

That's the exact same for me.. The 12's were cutting the circulation off in my legs.lol. So that why I got the 14s..

I have a pair of normal penneys skinny jeans, and they've the same problem, the legs are bet on to me and the waist is too loose, with the result that every time I bend, I get a HUGELY attractive builders ass appearing from the back :D Think it's just the cut of their jeans tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I bought two pairs of the maternity skinnies and the same happens me in fact one pair are so bad, they kept falling down pulling my knickers with them! I have robbed a canvas belt from my husband (the type you tighten through rings rather than belt holes) and I wear it low, just below the elastic waist of the jeans. That has made them wearable though they still require a bit of hoiking up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Yeah I have two pairs of maternity skinnies from Penne's and I'm having the exact same issue - the waistbands are hyoooge!!

I've a wedding next weekend and for some reason decided to wear a dress (Eek)Does anyone know if Penney's or Dunnes do maternity tights? I don't wanna go out and spend a fortune on them cause I'm the type that will probably rip them getting into the car on way to church lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

H and M do and they are not incredibly expensive.
    I found buying them in dunnes and pulling them up to just under the bump works well too.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    H and M do and they are not incredibly expensive.
    I found buying them in dunnes and pulling them up to just under the bump works well too.

Just ordinary tights from Dunnes?

I've a wedding next weekend and for some reason decided to wear a dress (Eek)Does anyone know if Penney's or Dunnes do maternity tights? I don't wanna go out and spend a fortune on them cause I'm the type that will probably rip them getting into the car on way to church lol

Dunnes and H&M do maternity tights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

The sizes are a bit mad! I'm normally a size 14, but I bought a 16 in the leggings.. They are huuuuuge they go right up over my boobs and the legs and bum part are really big! :D

Just ordinary tights from Dunnes?

Yup and a size bigger then normal .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Seen that the Penneys in the Marshes, Dundalk have the maternity range in.

And by maternity range I mean one tshirt, one dress, the skinnies and jeans (which you all know are of no actual addition to a pregnant lady :p ) and bump bands/nursing bras.
    The rack of dresses (which were all the same, very gaudy and not black) were sized 6-10, the tops were exactly the same - sparkly, pink and waaaay too in-your-face. I bought the skinnies before and they were in the bin within a week. I am a size 12 normally, bought a 14. Made my legs looks like cement poured into denim, and then the arse of them was everywhere but where it should be! I did get a pack of bump bands - so far they have proven useless in giving me anything but a red mark around my waist, and having no success in holding up my jeans at all.

Based on the above, I think I'll pass on the bras :rolleyes:

I did, however, manage to get two long hoodies and a really long tshirt from the men's section on the sales racks that serve the purpose of maternity wear very well.

I got maternity tights in H&M last week. There was two pairs for €5.99. They were pretty good quality and strangely for me, I didn’t ladder them! Although I would have liked to see more colours, from what I can see, there was only barely black, opaque or grey.

Was in Penny’s in Patrick St in Cork, was very disappointed with the maternity section, there was only the two pairs of jeans I already have, the obligatory horizontal striped t shirt, with ‘humorous’ bump joke for added style and a dress that looked more like a tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

ncmc wrote: »
    I got maternity tights in H&M last week. There was two pairs for €5.99. They were pretty good quality and strangely for me, I didn’t ladder them! Although I would have liked to see more colours, from what I can see, there was only barely black, opaque or grey.

Was in Penny’s in Patrick St in Cork, was very disappointed with the maternity section, there was only the two pairs of jeans I already have, the obligatory horizontal striped t shirt, with ‘humorous’ bump joke for added style and a dress that looked more like a tent!

Was the shirt pink and sparkly? :D
    Sounds like they have the same stock as in Dundalk!

I don't think Cork had the pink sparkly one, sounds like I missed out ;) I find Penny's good for over sized tops in regular sizes that can double as maternity wear.

• Advertisement

Well, i wouldn't recommend Penneys nursing camis :-( I gave birth earlier this week and tried it on today, but it's just too short and keep riding up my tummy!! The fit/sizing is fine, it's just not long enough :-(

Advertisement