Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Broadband Playstation?

Options
  • 27-02-2014 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi,

I got unlimited fast broadband installed yesterday, my partner has the playstation 3 and will be going on line play against people and downloading odd few games i am worrying does the playstation use up alot of internet and will it go over unlimited anyone think? Or does unlimited mean there no end to something?

Thanks

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

Hi,

I got unlimited fast broadband installed yesterday, my partner has the playstation 3 and will be going on line play against people and downloading odd few games i am worrying does the playstation use up alot of internet and will it go over unlimited anyone think? Or does unlimited mean there no end to something?

Thanks

:)

You have nothing to worry about! Streaming or online gaming for 6 hours a day would still only use a fraction of any fair usage 'unlimited' policy.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

Wickerman1 wrote: »
    You have nothing to worry about! Streaming or online gaming for 6 hours a day would still only use a fraction of any fair usage 'unlimited' policy.:)

Hey there thanks very much getting back to me i was worrying about this and so was my partner and he tried not play to much last night only 3 games against someone lol. What kind stuff would go over unlimited or is there not much?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Hey there thanks very much getting back to me i was worrying about this and so was my partner and he tried not play to much last night only 3 games against someone lol. What kind stuff would go over unlimited or is there not much?

eh, you can't go over unlimited. The very meaning of the word means without restrictions.

jester77 wrote: »
    eh, you can't go over unlimited. The very meaning of the word means without restrictions.

Thanks for telling me that i know i seem stupid prob but all new to this lol so i didnt really know what that meant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

jester77 wrote: »

You can in this country, advertisers are allowed use the term unlimited as long as majority of there customers on any given plan would not be affected by the limit on an "unlimited" plan. As in the FUP policy is set so high that most customers wont go over it.

Who is the internet provider in this case and what plan are you on? If its Sky or UPC, there unlimited plans are truely unlimited but most of the others do have a FUP (fair usage policy).

Something to note is that most providers will not charge you extra for going over fup, they will simply contact you to ask why internet use is what they deem to be excessive.

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    You can in this country, advertisers are allowed use the term unlimited as long as majority of there customers on any given plan would not be affected by the limit on an "unlimited" plan. As in the FUP policy is set so high that most customers wont go over it.

Who is the internet provider in this case and what plan are you on? If its Sky or UPC, there unlimited plans are truely unlimited but most of the others do have a FUP (fair usage policy).

Something to note is that most providers will not charge you extra for going over fup, they will simply contact you to ask why internet use is what they deem to be excessive.

Thanks for explaining that better to me. I am with vodafone home and broadband 35 euro a month unlimited and speed 70mp which is brill we just got it installed yesterday we could not get the horizion with upc in our building pity as we have upc tv just for last 2 years but least we some broadband we never had it before. I checked their website said fair usage policy of 300gb but if go over this wont be charged so ur right there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Thats the typical plan most people would be on with Vodafone,as they say they wont charge you extra for going over they just have the clause so that they can contact you in a case where they deem the use to be excessive. Repeated offenses would most likely involve them intimating that you should move up to a higher plan or stay within the FUP. So id only worry about it at that point

I would just work away at the moment and not worry about your usage(within reason:p) and let them contact you if there is an issue which im guessing there wont. A lot of Gamers here are on that package and when its been discussed few if any have ever been contacted from what ive seen.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Thats the typical plan most people would be on with Vodafone,as they say they wont charge you extra for going over they just have the clause so that they can contact you in a case where they deem the use to be excessive. Repeated offenses would most likely involve them intimating that you should move up to a higher plan or stay within the FUP. So id only worry about it at that point

I would just work away at the moment and not worry about your usage(within reason:p) and let them contact you if there is an issue which im guessing there wont. A lot of Gamers here are on that package and when its been discussed few if any have ever been contacted from what ive seen.

That great thanks for that good to ask here what others think and all :) its best thing we ever got installed way better than then modem i been using plug in ones so slow would do head in ha

Advertisement