Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pancake Tuesday!! \o/

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I love pancakes with just butter or lemon/sugar.

Yesterday I made paleo pancakes with two plantains, four eggs and a touch of vanilla - blend together and they make thick, American style pancakes, absolutely delicious! Threw in a few blueberries too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Idon't get the butter on pancakes either.. before i start cooking I add about 1oz melted butter into the batter and this makes them lighter. I dont have any sticking to the pan issues..cooked very thin and with crispy edges with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream..tastes like Ice-cream and wafers!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Had sliced banana with some soft vanilla ice-cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon last year, delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Lidl have some yummy sour cherries in syrup at the moment as part of their Italian promo. They'd be nice on a pancake I bet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

My son has it well sussed!

He is planning on having a feed of pancakes in his granny's before my hubbie collects him on the way home from work. Then he will tear into my batch when he gets home!

Muck savage! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

My daughter asked tonight if we could have pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner tomorrow! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

My daughter asked tonight if we could have pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner tomorrow! :eek:
    So, were you up at the crack of dawn making batter? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

So, were you up at the crack of dawn making batter? :)

The secret of easy parenting is learning to say No! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Raspberries, Nutella and whipped cream for me

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Pancake Tuesday is without doubt my favourite foodie day of the year! i flippin (see what i did there!!:P) love them!!

Going to make a huge batch when I got home from work.
    Dinner will be savoury ones with ham cheese and a fried egg in the middle, or I'v done pancakes rolled up with a bolengaise sauce and baked in the oven with cheese on top (don't knock it till you try it!)

Dessert and supper will be good ole lemon and sugar, though I am partial to some butter with them, golden syrup or also nutella. Not into the fresh fruit with them...far too heatlhy!!lol;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So lads which one of yiz is gonna make me my pancakes so?!!! :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

hdowney wrote: »
    So lads which one of yiz is gonna make me my pancakes so?!!! :P

Make yer own :p

I'm so used to having American style pancakes with bacon that I prefer them to the crepe style ones. I'll be having mine for supper with lemon, butter and sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm doing buckwheat galettes with a chicken, bacon and leek filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Good old lemon juice and sugar in this house, have experimented with orange zest and mascarpone filling as well as the usual nutella, banana, chocolate chips, maple syrup etc, but always come back to fresh lemon and sugar, can't beat it :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

We may have gone a little overboard. Dinner was a 3-course pancake extravaganza.

First, the main course of spring onion and dill crepes with a seafood filling:

pancakes1.jpg

Dessert was a David Eyre pancake with sugar and lemon juice:

pancakes2.jpg

And finally, er, dessert of chocolate pancakes with raspberry conserve, chocolate chips and vanilla ice cream:

pancakes3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

oscarBravo wrote: »

Dessert was a David Eyre pancake with sugar and lemon juice

That looks so, so good. Is it one of them there baked pancakes?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

That looks so, so good. Is it one of them there baked pancakes?

Yup. :)

Advertisement