Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 david147

cereal!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I got this a lot in Boston a few weeks ago, they stop you quite a bit there to compliment you. Feckin great so it is. I was in Macy's and a woman went (in really sing songy American accent) "oh my god you are soooo beautiful, look at youuuu, and I love your coat and your scarf and your hair and everythiiing, wow". I was mortified but also delira with meself :o

I love it! God the yanks are great.
    Imagine if someone came up to you in Arnotts and told you your coat and your scarf and your hair was gorgeous and you were just an absolute ride altogether, you'd think they were either unhinged or on drugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Being at just the right spot at the crowded bus stop to get on first/one of the first. There's a knack to it! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 david147

sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

This made me smile. :)

• Advertisement

beks101 wrote: »
    I love it! God the yanks are great.
    Imagine if someone came up to you in Arnotts and told you your coat and your scarf and your hair was gorgeous and you were just an absolute ride altogether, you'd think they were either unhinged or on drugs

You wouldn't be far wrong!

I'd say to someone about their coat or something but not like "Ohmigod just look at you!" :pac:

We should be more like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The smell of fresh paint in YOUR house, especially when someone else has done the painting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

A productive evening of blogging. Feeling very good about myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Ring4Fea

But if a male yank offered you the same compliments, would you feel he was a shaper or a "Mitchell"? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Ring4Fea

A trivial thing that makes me happy ~ milfs who twerk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Finding great bargains on booze. I was looking for bargains on champagne and another Boards user sent me a link to a site, turns out I can get a litre of Gordon's gin for 14 euro too. Yey, it's the little things in life:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

A colleague of mine is leaving his job and moving to Hong Kong. He mentioned that he had a gift of a bottle of whiskey from some friends, but didn't drink whiskey so I could have it. He knew nothing about whiskey and couldn't remember the name, so it was a nice surprise to find a bottle of 12 year old Glenlivet waiting outside my office door for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

osarusan wrote: »
    A colleague of mine is leaving his job and moving to Hong Kong. He mentioned that he had a gift of a bottle of whiskey from some friends, but didn't drink whiskey so I could have it. He knew nothing about whiskey and couldn't remember the name, so it was a nice surprise to find a bottle of 12 year old Glenlivet waiting outside my office door for me.

Aint nothing trivial about that!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

getting anything for free

the in laws cancel their visit

finding a fiver in your pocket

when the people with big trollies let you go ahead to buy your bog roll

when he's supposed to cook but he rings to ask 'chipper?'

going to bed at 10pm and waking at 11pm thinking its time for work

suggesting something fun knowing everyone else is tired to make yourself look interesting

when the fridge looks full

when you pull a sicky

cock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

This video is always guaranteed to put a smile on my face no matter what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Sauve wrote: »
    The smell of a candle that's just burnt out.

And a match that's just burnt out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Friday pastry + coffee.

HELLS YEAH. IT'S THE WEEKEND, BITCHES!

A long bout of sneezes. Always makes me giggle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Being able to study at home on Fridays, in my sweatpants with plenty of coffee and music to keep me going.

Seeing people I was at school with 20 years ago and realising that I'm aging much better than they are:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Sticking my finger in the OH's mouth mid-yawn :D

Really pisses her off & gives me an immense sense of sadistic pleasure :eek:
    Haha, i love doing this while shouting "stifle stifle"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dying my hair from brown to blonde after trying/considering it for years

Parcels in the post from someone awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Spotting that somebody has filled the egg compartment of the fridge with Cadburys Creme Eggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

A long bout of sneezes. Always makes me giggle :D

I always find the words/phrase I come out with during/after a sneezing fit funny. *sneeze* ah mother****ER ACHOOO ay bejaysis ACHHOOO FUUUUCK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

kids playing "red car" on the bus.

Crisps. Haven't had any crisps booze or junk food for 6 weeks and I'm going to make a piggy pig of myself over Easter:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

When someone else makes/buys me a cup of coffee without asking and just puts it in front of me (instantly moves them to the top of my favourite people list, my heart is easily bought :P ).

That feeling when you get a cold drink when you're really thirsty and you can feel it going down your throat.

Hearing someone with a foreign accent using Dublin slang perfectly :D

Not knowing the word for something in a foreign language, "inventing" a word, and finding out your wild guess was right.

Listening to a new album for the first time and instantly falling in love with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Getting a book I like.

Watching a good movie for the first time.

Music.

Animals.

Finding a really old coin.

Ritter Sport bars with hazlenuts.

Bubbles.

Showering.

A nice cup of tea in a pretty cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

Getting to say "C U Next Tuesday" when there's a bank holiday Monday to a really annoying work colleague :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement