Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I finished my Junior Cert today.
    I'm still on a high after meeting Marty Morrisey last week.
    Oh, and of course we BEAT THE FCUKING ITALIANS!
    HAVE SOME OF THAT!

And don't be swearing! :p

I am also happy Ireland won the match :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Winterlong wrote: »
    Pulling in to a car park and someone runs over to offer me their pre-paid parking ticket as they are leaving.
    People can be nice!

The look of fear on people's faces when you tap on the window, then the smile when you give them your ticket, makes me happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The YOPPA

Robbie Brady!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ireland smashing Italy.

Also, I had a plate on my desk with a large cookie and a jam doughnut.
    I started to eat the doughnut, the jam exploded all over the cookie.
    Now I have a jam cookie mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My best friends little girl, since she was a little baby has loved my tongue piercing. When she was about 15 months she started sticking out her tongue at me for me to do it back, and as soon as my tongue would poke out, her chubby little hands would try grab that stud. She's always been fascinated.

Now she's 3.5, and she talks and talks and talks. "What's that?" "Why is it there?" "It's very nice" etc. But out of the blue today so told her mammy that she's getting a button on her tongue like auntie Lexie.

God I love her. We are going to have her mammys heart broken as she grows up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Cheerios. Mmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Someone done a caricature of me, love it ha, made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Dinner with a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

This woman in the Deli of the shop I go to keeps calling me Taylor because she thinks I look like Taylor Swift. I really look nothing like her but it's nice to hear in the mornings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

KatW4 wrote: »
    This woman in the Deli of the shop I go to keeps calling me Taylor because she thinks I look like Taylor Swift. I really look nothing like her but it's nice to hear in the mornings!

I get called Chip Lad. Can't fathom why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Next Friday, I'll be 20 years in this job (or rather...with my employer). This morning I got a letter from HR telling me that because of this, I'll be getting €232 in my wages in December!! :D

I knew this was coming but not the amount. €232! €11.60 for every year I've been here!!! I think that the amount is hilarious. I think I got €144 for 15 years.

I also get a gift from a catalogue, probably worth about the same amount again. And I'm not putting down the amount. It's always nice to get free stuff. I'd just like to know how they work it out.

Free stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

Next Friday, I'll be 20 years in this job (or rather...with my employer). This morning I got a letter from HR telling me that because of this, I'll be getting €232 in my wages in December!! :D

I knew this was coming but not the amount. €232! €11.60 for every year I've been here!!! I think that the amount is hilarious. I think I got €144 for 15 years.

I also get a gift from a catalogue, probably worth about the same amount again. And I'm not putting down the amount. It's always nice to get free stuff. I'd just like to know how they work it out.

Free stuff!!

It's probably a weird amount to allow for tax

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Going to a restaurant you have a voucher for.
    'Sure I may as well get that...and that... and that...'

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'm really hungry and will be taking lunch in a few minutes. Just thinking about the food possibilities is making me so happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Stress free Fridays and in general that Friday/weekend feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Burial. wrote: »
    Stress free Fridays and in general that Friday/weekend feeling.

I wont go as far as saying that today is stress free...but that friday feeling is definitely there!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TH to listen to Tom Ravenscroft* presenting Glastonbury live on BBC6 Music

*he's John Peel's son

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TH to hear Ronnie Spector live at Glastonbury, she's 73 in August. Go Ronnie!
    On BBC6 right now

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I am in an absolute hoop with morning (afternoon, evening and all night) sickness. My niece just sent out 2 lollipops to make me better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My mother is poitering away in the kitchen making cakes for a Euros party we're going to tomorrow.
    I'm currently drinking wine and listening to The Gypsy Kings whilst licking mascapone off a whisk.
    Simple things, eh? :)

• Advertisement

After a few weeks working away: My own bed, my own pillows, my own shower, my own food, my own air-con, my own car.

I'm sitting in insomnia near the Jervis Centre. Town is very quiet which suits me just fine. I'm full of sugar and caffeine. One of my favourite songs is playing "Secret Garden". It's nice.
    No worries until tomorrow and even then I might not bother with them.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Couldn't find the things that make me ecstatically happy thread so this'll do.....it's my last Sunday night setting the alarm for 8 weeks.
    :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Watching the original 101 Dalmatians on TV this afternoon, came across it by accident. I'd not seen it, probably in about 30 years, as it's it's usually the far inferior live action version that's shown on TV. Brought back sweet, sweet memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

quickbeam wrote: »
    Watching the original 101 Dalmatians on TV this afternoon, came across it by accident. I'd not seen it, probably in about 30 years, as it's it's usually the far inferior live action version that's shown on TV. Brought back sweet, sweet memories.

Yaay me too !! could have written your post as came across it by accident also :D

My TTTMYH is that others watched it too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

school holidays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Get this, finished washing the dishes after having a meal in 9 minutes. A new record.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Decent free scoop of chips in the chipper.

Seeing classic films on the tv schedule that are starting and/or finishing at the perfect time to suit me. I will often have the film on dvd but still watch it, even when possibly cut, no chance to pause and going to be worse picture quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

An ice cold bottle of orchards thieves after a long day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

devices that charge on their own when not in use, so you don't have to manually charge them yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement