Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Working from home today and the dog is curled up on the couch all happy beside me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having two plaits in my hair makes me very trivially happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I've posted the below in the Trivial Annoyance thread, a few days later and we're heading out to pick up our rescue!
    TA turned into a TH who'd have thought it!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100185627&postcount=1784

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Stuck in traffic this morning and saw a girl go back out of her way to help a blind man who couldn't make out where the pedestrian crossing was.. She stayed with him while he got his bearings on the other side.

She then took off like a bullet to run for her bus.. She nearly missed it just to help him :-)

My sister sent me a video of my niece, who looks like she's about to start crawling. Made me smile like an absolute loon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Remembering to sign up for the Spotify Premium deal on the last day of the offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Chips. Is there any so simple as chips that is more satisfying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Chips. Is there any so simple as chips that is more satisfying?

Crispy, salty, vinegary chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Went to the shop earlier and on the front of the papers were pictures of the mother being reunited with her down syndrome daughter who had been missing for 5 days.....it's not 'trivial' I know but the pictures made my heart warm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

The smell that permeates the kitchen when you have opened a new packet of ground coffee earlier in the day..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

While I generally can't stand hypocrisy and double standards, when someone speaks out of one side of their mouth on one website and out of the other side on another website and it's so obvious it's fuppin' hilarious :D

Teh internetz - where multiple personalities are acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Colser wrote: »
    Going to Don Henley concert tonight and just heard there's no phones/cameras allowed...was really looking forward to it anyway but this news has made my day.ðŸ˜႒

Oh , I'm jealous !

Enjoy !

FNB's baby, FNB's :D

kfallon wrote: »
    FNB's baby, FNB's :D

Friends No Benefits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Friends No Benefits?

With a baby?

Friends No Benefits?

Even better my friend, even better!

Friday
    Night
    Beers

How'd ya like them apples, eh? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Husband being home 2 hours earlier this evening than he usually is....very happy cos of that!

Winterlong wrote: »
    With a baby?

I guess kfallon is excited about their Friend No Benefits' baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

This years crop of strawberries. My mini plot has just given me a nice big bowl full of wonderful juicy red wonders.
    And no, not sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Seen this at the traffic lights

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

^^ Actually what makes me Trivially Happy about that picture, isn't so much the cute picture (though it is cute), but the fact that managed to actually put the apostrophes where they belong for once (so often you see it as "Fish N Chips" or "Fish 'N Chips", etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

quickbeam wrote: »
    ^^ Actually what makes me Trivially Happy about that picture, isn't so much the cute picture (though it is cute), but the fact that managed to actually put the apostrophes where they belong for once (so often you see it as "Fish N Chips" or "Fish 'N Chips", etc).

True! Better than questionable quotation marks such as:
    http://www.lifebuzz.com/quotations/

I went on the website, no explanation of a cow on a surf board :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

When in a toilet cubicle you see the toilet paper in the holder is visible to extract knowing you dont have to engineer the backed up paper out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

watching the English commentators having to be nice about the Welsh victory; bearing in mind the footage of the Welsh cheering when the English went out

My 18-month-old daughter has been pressing radio stations on the iPod dock. She just came across somebody playing Bob Marley's 'No Woman No Cry'. Her face lit up and I've just been watching her dance (or, rather, waddle) to music for the first time. Music brings wonders out of the human spirit.

She's off again so I'll go away from you (this is better than any gym!).

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

When husbands minds the baby so you can have an afternoon nap during the weekend.

A clean house.
    A empty wash basket.
    A long hot shower with some expensive shower gel (that you got on special offer)
    A nice cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

new wiper blades!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

A bailey's coffee (my first in nearly 11 months) and a slice of homemade carrot cake.
    *contentment*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm sick so I brought the little kittens up to bed with me for some company. They're 7 weeks old tomorrow. The little girl kitten is actually adorable. She keeps bending down and wiggling her little bum to pounce at her 4 brothers. She only moves about an inch but she gets so excited. Watching her all day has made me super happy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Saturday's make me happy.
    Getting up early enough to watch cartoons and eat cereal from the box like a wild animal makes me happy.
    Sharing showers make me happy.
    Having a stress free day at work when everyone's in a good mood makes me happy.
    Having cake for lunch and having gaviscon in my bag for afterwards makes me happy.
    Finishing work and going to pyg makes me happy.
    Wine makes me happy.

I'm a ball of happy today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement