Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I was cleaning out my handbag and found a lotto ticket from back in April that I never checked - turns out I won €16 on it, woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

When plans for the weekend that you weren't too keen on, get cancelled by others and you're actually delighted.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

When plans for the weekend that you weren't too keen on, get cancelled by others and you're actually delighted.:)

YESSSSS love this.

The smell of fresh paint, the smell when you walk into a hardware store.
    When you paint your nails & they dont smudge.
    Days off when you wake up & hear it lashing outside, knowing you don't have to get up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

It has not rained in over 12 hours. Get to do outdoor stuff today!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just checked my bank account and was shocked to find that I actually have €30 in it as opposed to the €4 I previously thought I had!
    Hurray for random cash injections! :D
    Also, I'm officially booked in to get my new tattoo. July 16th can't come fast enough.
    Lastly, I discovered an awesome new donut shop in town- just past Starbucks on the corner before crossing the O' Connell Street Bridge, there's a small bakery called The Rolling Donut and whilst I know it does me no favours, I hadn't had anything pastry based in weeks so I treated myself to a posh artsy Bailey's Creme donut. SWEET BABY JESUS IT WAS BETTER THAN SEX.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McChubbin wrote: »
    Just checked my bank account and was shocked to find that I actually have €30 in it as opposed to the €4 I previously thought I had!
    Hurray for random cash injections! :D
    Also, I'm officially booked in to get my new tattoo. July 16th can't come fast enough.
    Lastly, I discovered an awesome new donut shop in town- just past Starbucks on the corner before crossing the O' Connell Street Bridge, there's a small bakery called The Rolling Donut and whilst I know it does me no favours, I hadn't had anything pastry based in weeks so I treated myself to a posh artsy Bailey's Creme donut. SWEET BABY JESUS IT WAS BETTER THAN SEX.

Good Mc Chubbs, expecting to see the new tat proudly displayed here on Jul 17.

Way to go girl..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Paying a pittance for an app and it's everything you wanted and more. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Taking a chance on a new beer and being pleasantly surprised when it turns out to be delicious.
    I've been meaning to try it for a while but finally got around to tasting Asahi Premium Japanese Beer today. It's lovely!
    Not as nice as Kirin Ichiban but still, I'm not complaining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

The Iceland team and fans synchronised clapping at the end of the game.

Loved it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Saturday's make me happy.
    Getting up early enough to watch cartoons and eat cereal from the box like a wild animal makes me happy.
    Sharing showers make me happy.
    Having a stress free day at work when everyone's in a good mood makes me happy.
    Having cake for lunch and having gaviscon in my bag for afterwards makes me happy.
    Finishing work and going to pyg makes me happy.
    Wine makes me happy.

I'm a ball of happy today

Any of that happiness left over to send this way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Getting a tweet retweeted 150 times- lolz

There are 9 nice or happy threads on page 1 of AH. We have turned the corner!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Chips. Is there any so simple as chips that is more satisfying?
    Chip butty ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

Trivial pursuit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

When I went in the utility room I met my cat on the way out of the tumble dryer. She's always one step ahead of me to avoid getting caught.

My husband wants to section her to one area but that will never happen because there should always be at least one crazy or one comedian in any household.

Seeing my nearly 2 year old "tickle wickle" our little puppies belly before planting her with a big kiss.
    So very cute

Richard Hawley soothing my old weary heart. One eye on my beloved poems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I just ate the most beautiful pear. It's usually so hard to find the perfect pear but this one was. It was a lovely red colour and not too hard, not too soft. Juicy and sweet and didn't have that awful powder texture that some pears have. :)

Castells (human towers). I never knew this was a thing. Can't stop watching this video!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When someone tries to be mean but you absolutely roast them with a killer comeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Having a friend be kind to you when you're feeling down :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I spent the day cleaning and rearranging my kitchen.delighted with myself I am.its spotless.

Around 6am this morning, and we all asleep and the room in darkness, I heard a big gust of wind emit from my 18-month-old daughter in her cot at the other end of the room, followed quickly by "Oh, Oh" from her mouth. hehe. They're soaking up everything you say!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭worded

Watching silly fail you tube videos occasionally

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujwod-vqyqA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

This man gets the train some mornings and he's an absolute ride. He's the nicest view anyone could have at 7:15
    He's sitting near me and my day is complete already.

Road trip, cruise control, 80's Spotify.

Happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

^^^

Brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

When getting change in a shop the assistant puts the coins in your hand first and then the notes on top, so much easier to slip the notes back in the wallet and the coins in your pocket, doing it the other way results in mayhem for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement