Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

Was sitting on the settee this evening and my 19-month-old was playing on the other side of it. Usually I'd be playing with her and she'd be giggling her way through all sorts of divilment and roguery. This evening I wasn't in the mood and was immersed in thought sitting there and letting her play alone. She crawled over to me, got up close, moved her little soft right hand up and gently touched my left cheek and smiled at me. Words fail me.

Was sitting on the settee this evening and my 19-month-old was playing on the other side of it. Usually I'd be playing with her and she'd be giggling her way through all sorts of divilment and roguery. This evening I wasn't in the mood and was immersed in thought sitting there and letting her play alone. She crawled over to me, got up close, moved her little soft right hand up and gently touched my left cheek and smiled at me. Words fail me.

She was probably thinking "Oh look. A human. Right back I go to playing. Now would he ever feck off and leave me the rest of the couch".

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Despite the TA of losing my debit card on Thursday evening, I'm TH that the replacement arrived this morning only 36 hours after cancelling the old one online and ordering a new one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,709 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I have no idea what either of those abbreviations mean.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Giant Toblerones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I have no idea what either of those abbreviations mean.

Trivially Happy and Trivially Annoyed (a different thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm off Monday so I asked my teenage son what he'd like to do for the day, expecting ''Mumble mumble minecraft mumble mumble meet *gf's name*''.....BUT NO!!!

''Mum if it's not raining we'll go to the beach but if it is raining can we have a Harry Potter movie marathon??''

Awwww :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tunage

When I saw my friend's baby roll over on his own for the first time. I jumped up and clapped like a trained seal....but it was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

when I have the house to myself, well baby in bed. 20yr old out crusing or whatever it is youngsters do(I know I'm a fossil) and oh away.im gonna enjoy dinner and a glass of wine and couch with my two furry babies ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

When a woman cuddles up to you and lays their head softly on your arm/shoulder. Ahhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Knowing I'll wake in the morning without a hangover :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Burial. wrote: »
    When a woman cuddles up to you and lays their head softly on your arm/shoulder. Ahhhhhh

When a man (or woman, hey, I'll take anything that's going) rubs your head and plays with your hair while your heads on their arm/chest

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Having good friends and a sexy girlfriend who's as kinky as me in bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I saw my little sisters this morning, hadn't seen them for a few months, and they both commented straight away that I'd lost loads of weight! Actually I have, almost two stone, but I don't see the difference myself at all. So it's nice that someone noticed! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

When a baby holds your finger in their cute little hands and squeezes it tight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Was in Penneys yesterday and came across a rare pair of size 20 bootcut kickflare jeans in a lovely shade of blue. After humming and hawwing over whether or not to buy them, I decided to snap them up, saying I'd go back for a refund if they didn't fit.
    I never had much luck with jeans/trousers from Penneys so I wasn't feeling all that optimistic. But nooooo! I got them home, tried them on and whilst they sit low on my hips, they actually fit very well!
    Delighted! AND they were only a tenner! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Peregrine wrote: »
    When a baby holds your finger in their cute little hands and squeezes it tight :)

I found about why this happens in a podcast awhile ago and it made me even more TH...

It's actually evolutionary, and if you press a baby's hand, they'll naturally grasp as if to grasp onto their mother.... when we used to have body hair, babies would grab on similar to the way monkeys do in the wild.

I think a percentage of babies can actually be picked up from one finger grasped alone such is their strength!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sunday roast with all the trimmings, cooked by the mammy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Sunday roast with all the trimmings, cooked by the mammy
    THIS. Just had a feed of roast beef with all the bells and whistles. Savage stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The YOPPA

Sitting in my hotel room in Finland knowing that tomorrow I will represent my Country at the European Transplant and Dialysis Sports Championships....happy & buzzin!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The YOPPA wrote: »
    Sitting in my hotel room in Finland knowing that tomorrow I will represent my Country at the European Transplant and Dialysis Sports Championships....happy & buzzin ðŸ€ðŸ€ðŸ€

^^

Best of Luck , and just enjoy and be proud of yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    ^^

Best of Luck , and just enjoy and be proud of yourself :)

Such a mammy thing to say :pac:

TH - spent a glorious hour out messin' with the dog :)

The happy, fat daddy in his early 40s in Blackrock Park today at the (very good) Teddy Bears Picnic who was entertaining his children by doing an idiosyncratic breakdance to Michael Jackson who was playing on the speaker, only to trip and land on his face outside the white Teddy Bears Clinic tent (where kids were ernestly queuing with their teddys to have them repaired). Everyone erupted and, as if immediately panged with guilt, just as quickly put serious concerned faces on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

McChubbin wrote: »
    Was in Penneys yesterday and came across a rare pair of size 20 bootcut kickflare jeans in a lovely shade of blue. After humming and hawwing over whether or not to buy them, I decided to snap them up, saying I'd go back for a refund if they didn't fit.
    I never had much luck with jeans/trousers from Penneys so I wasn't feeling all that optimistic. But nooooo! I got them home, tried them on and whilst they sit low on my hips, they actually fit very well!
    Delighted! AND they were only a tenner! :D

don''t forget the river island sale is on, their molly jeans are to die for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Just overheard my sister having a full-on conversation with herself As Gaelige in the bathroom. :D Hilarious! (She's trying to get on to that Hibernia primary teaching thingy.) 'Twas very entertaining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Looking at the clock and realising that is Home O'clock. Bye bye work!

Bears fishing in Alaska live stream:

Have it playing on a small tablet on my desk, it's strangely soothing and addictive to watch bears salmon fishing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Just got my replacement electric kettle (Lidl) delivered :) Was so sick of waiting for ages for the kettle to boil on the cooker. Now can make a cuppa in a minute or two and don't have to worry about forgetting the kettle boiling dry on the cooker. Oh, the simple things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was cleaning the kitchen (TA) and when I was finished, I realised the kittens were missing. I went looking and found them all curled up together on my bed. They look so innocent and cute when they're asleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Batch bread and real butter

Watching something funny on TV with my daughter

Cold beer after gardening on a warm day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement