Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Toffee crisps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Candie wrote: »
    Bears fishing in Alaska live stream:

Have it playing on a small tablet on my desk, it's strangely soothing and addictive to watch bears salmon fishing!

Reminds me of the Kit Kat Ad waiting on a Bear to appear. I have it on my tablet now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Candie wrote: »
    Bears fishing in Alaska live stream:

Have it playing on a small tablet on my desk, it's strangely soothing and addictive to watch bears salmon fishing!

I've been glued to this for the last few weeks. It was like grand central station for bears there last night with 7 of them in the river, including a youngster who was just jumping at any fish he could see, much to the annoyance of the elder lemons!

Taking my shoes off on an evening and just feeling (sensation-wise) my feet. Ahhh.

And yesterday evening I had to go somewhere in the car and it reminded me how absolutely refreshing, relaxing and suitable for the night is the music played on Lyric FM from about 8pm on. Lovely, gentle experience making me, at any rate, more aware of the stages of life, its beauties, its inevitable sadness. Just to stop and think of all the positives, and stop rushing around accumulating, meeting deadlines, doing jobs. Stop. Enjoy the now. I've never been able to do that. Last night, with music, I did for a while (even if I was driving somewhere!). I sense there are more spiritual riches on that side of life if I can make the time and space to delve in there some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The YOPPA wrote: »
    Sitting in my hotel room in Finland knowing that tomorrow I will represent my Country at the European Transplant and Dialysis Sports Championships....happy & buzzin!!

Well, how did you get on? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The YOPPA

17th in the 5k but took 33 seconds off my best time...narrowly missed the bronze medal in the petanque event(i had to Google it too), single 10 pin bowling & mixed doubles 19 pin bowling to come, plus a 200 metres race on Saturday...Still buzzin tho  thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The YOPPA wrote: »
    17th in the 5k but took 33 seconds off my best time...narrowly missed the bronze medal in the petanque event(i had to Google it too), single 10 pin bowling & mixed doubles 19 pin bowling to come, plus a 209 metres race on Saturday...Still buzzin tho :) thanks.

Wow, busy schedule!! Well done so far and continue to enjoy, sounds like your having a brilliant time :D

Sitting around the table having the usual heated discussions/slagging fests and my 19-month-old daughter who was sitting quietly at the same table suddenly interjects with "Ha!" (as in "beat that!") when I finished making my last point. Perfect timing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

A man at the NCT centre who liked my car gave me a sticker :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Story Bud? wrote: »
    A man at the NCT centre who liked my car gave me a sticker :D

Awww love it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Elvis Lennon

5pm on Friday

5pm on Friday

TH: this is my Friday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The really cheerful happy bus inspector that's on my bus every single morning.
    This morning I got on the bus and he started singing at me. I laughed and told him how I like he's always in a good mood. He told me that's only when jm on the bus. I started laughing of course and he asked if I believed him. Of course I believe him!! And then he said "why wouldn't I be in a good mood when I see you? You're cheerful and friendly and always smiling".

Now, he's a complete charmer and I'm sure he says that to everyone but it'll make me smile even more at him tomorrow. Then I'll scowl for the rest of the day at everyone else!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

The dog decided to go rambling this wet and dark evening before an hour later I hear him pawing at the door. I let him in and he strolls away into the sitting room not a bother to him. I sit back down on the couch only for him to hop his two front paws on my knees and shake the wet all over me as if to say "jaysus tis wet out there boy" :pac:

Flowers delivered to my work by someone a bit special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Humming to myself.

Today I got the mostest amazingest Marshall Made It framed art delivered to my work and also I'm getting a heart and brain heart dressed as batman and also aswell I got a butterfly necklace and and and AND. Jolly ranchers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

When you get bad news but realise how good your friends really are. They'll probably never understand how much they've helped but I'll never forget. Makes me feel very lucky to have them in my life.

KatW4 wrote: »
    When you get bad news but realise how good your friends really are. They'll probably never understand how much they've helped but I'll never forget. Makes me feel very lucky to have them in my life.

Hope everythings ok, K4. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Candie wrote:
    Hope everythings ok, K4.

It will be :) thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I stuck a beer in the freezer for a couple of hours tonight. It is now the perfect icy coldness. Ahhh yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

When the slow car in front of me indicates in the opposite direction to me at a junction - Byee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

New tattoo day today! :D*flails wildly*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Getting the loan of a horse today, very excited! Can't wait to start working with her and seeing how we get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McChubbin wrote: »
    New tattoo day today! :D*flails wildly*

Hoy up frikken pics when she's bedded in Chubbs.

Should be summit to enjoy.

Can't wait.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Driving in the car , Andrea Bocelli on high volume , bliss..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Just ate a whole lot of McDonalds Feelings :D

Just listened to John Bowman's RTÉ Radio 1 show 'From the Archives' playing interviews with that perceptive and witty old soul Brendan Kennelly. What a pleasure to hear his insight and stories, like how he felt when he arrived as a 17-year-old student in TCD. Was afraid he had just died but happy that it's part of a series for his 80th birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

The twittersphere confirming I wasn't the only one that saw the Griezmann/Dave Franco thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Getting woken up with kisses (not from dogs, who are my usual wake up kissers) and hearing "I love you". There was a time that would make me flinch, and now it doesn't. I love it. That makes me happy.

We are going to have a really nice day, I'm not sure how yet, but only happy things allowed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement