Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Listening to my parents watch Catchphrase in the other room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TG1 wrote: »
    Oooh exciting times! I'm trivially happy because the last time I got off a horse I decided I was selling her and was undecided about if I'd ever get another one.

Today I had my first sit up on the new one and really really enjoyed it. There's still some nerves to be gotten over but today was a very positive step with this new lovely little one.

I've never owned a horse!! I'm quite nervous but I own half a farm so what good is owning a farm if you can't have pets?!

TH because I got lots of my favourite things today. A tshirt with Minnie Mouse taking a selfie, some Disney tshirts and Disney underwear and Winnie the Pooh socks with pooh and piglet and #besties on the sole. I'm thrilled with life. It's easy entertain a small mind I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭childsplay

Watching my OH really enjoying a meal I've cooked from scratch. I might be really old fashioned but l think a working man deserves a good meal when he gets in from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Pepper (the older cat) was cleaning Fluffy for ages and they were just both so adorable together.

Also some good news/improvement from my bad news last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Watching Terminator 2 here and just as the nuclear fire dream is burning the kids, I can hear my old man giggling at something in the other room. You're a cold son of a bitch, daddy! :D

• Advertisement

When my little 19-month-old daughter waddles over to me, puts her little soft hand out for my hand and brings me around the house or out to the garden to show me something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Just awoke from a wee little nap for myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I made play-doh for the kids earlier and even though the kitchen was in a complete mess. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting down at the table with them and having them make and 'bake' for me.

Oh and a magnum espresso ice-cream there tonight. It hit the ice-cream / chocolate / coffee trinity craving.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The two handbag organisers I ordered on Amazon arrived today. My life has been revolutionised ! No more rooting down the ends of bags for stuff. I'm actually quite insanely happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A long soak in a bubbly bath after a hard day in the garden.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

New glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

EASONS posted back my lost Easons discount card by snail - mail to me. It was the sole thing in the envelope. The envelope with my address was handwritten. I don't know if this was done with TLC or not. :);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Date night with the OH!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Playing a game of footie tonight after a few weeks off with injury. Can't wait to be in a heap later.

Winterlong wrote: »
    Date night with the OH!

God love her!

Just kidding WL

I'm just happy today is over. I'm also happy I have dinner already made in my new slow cooker. That is the best invention ever. Pfft. I'm also trivially happy that that's me sorted for Xmas presents, everyone's getting a 20 euro slow cooker from Argos. Because I'd be festive like that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

When my little 19-month-old daughter waddles over to me, puts her little soft hand out for my hand and brings me around the house or out to the garden to show me something.

This could be a completely different feeling in 19 years time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Just saw an epic battle between a mink and a rat. Was like something you'd see in a nature documentary. Needless to say there was only one winner and the mink had to make a few trips to take his prize home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Having watched the 4th episode of the new Ray Donovan at the weekend, I had to download Bob Seger - We've got Tonight.
    I heard it before years ago, it really is a great song.
    Having read up on the song, I now know what the song is about, haha.
    Further reading tells me there's a cover version by Ronan Keating, I just hope to god that I never hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The shower - after a very long hot humid day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 NotPayin4Water

Posting ****e on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Shannon757 wrote: »
    New glasses.

When I take off the new glasses all the dust and cobwebs magically disappear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Eating the perfect kiwi, not too hard and not over ripe :)

Trying to teach luckiest man how to do proper massage. I thought it was going terrible because he has more interest in the dog taking a **** outside, but last night I made him do deep tissue on my back using his elbow and it almost killed me while he was doing it but today I feel much better. My back not killing me makes me happy. Knowing soon I'll have someone actually able to give a decent massage makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Are I Mad

Our dogs gently taking a treat from my hand. When our second dog came to us he would not take any food or treats from the hand which worried me slightly, but within a week he started to take little bits from my hand and now a few months later it still makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Seeing my 4 month old laughing at everything my husband is doing when they're together in the evening :)

(also a nice cup of tea after said little one is in bed!)

My youngest dogs love of shoes. He loves my shoes. Slippers, flipflops, pumps, high heels. He doesn't discriminate. He used to chew them up but he doesn't do that anymore. Instead he will steal one and take it to his bed, and then he'll sleep with it. I woke up this morning and he was panned out with my work shoe in between his legs. He will only take my shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bergmann

Tilly wrote: »
    Fresh bed sheets.

I have to second this

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I gave my nearly 8 year old son an old iPod a while back with some of his favorite jams on in. He has a rather eclectic taste ranging from Bill Withers to Jack White to Radiohead to Michael Jackson to The Beastie Boys.

He approached me last night with his iPod in his had and said:

"Dad, can you put some Prince on my iPod please?"

Nearly brought a tear of joy to my eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

This morning at work, two people I have a slight aversion to, had a wonderfully acrid argument.
    It was nice to see them both get a taste of their own dramatic behavior.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 peckdunn

Singing MJ in the car with the family....the kids aren't arguing ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement