Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My husband text me earlier asking me if I needed anything home, so I jokingly replied ''a DINOSAUR''. So now I'm the proud owner of a Playskool Heros Tyrannosaurs Rex from the Jurassic Park collection.

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Lucyfur wrote: »
    My husband text me earlier asking me if I needed anything home, so I jokingly replied ''a DINOSAUR''. So now I'm the proud owner of a Playskool Heros Tyrannosaurs Rex from the Jurassic Park collection.

:D:D

Lucy, your TH's make me happy. They are always deadly!

Winterlong wrote: »
    Lucy, your TH's make me happy. They are always deadly!

I'm very excited for tomorrows TH. I'm gonna ask for a hippopotamus :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having a really well known beauty blogger tell her followers on snapchat how awesome I am :) happy happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

There was a stupid fly buzzing around the room for a bit but my super clever cat, Pepper, caught it and ate it. No more annoying buzzing! Yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just got a delivery of some spare parts in work, and in the bottom of the jiffy bag, they had also put in a packet of Love Hearts and a Refresher sweet. :D

(On the downside, when I opened the Love Hearts, the first one I got was "Just Me". Are Love Hearts mocking me because nobody loves me? :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

I just got a delivery of some spare parts in work, and in the bottom of the jiffy bag, they had also put in a packet of Love Hearts and a Refresher sweet. :D

(On the downside, when I opened the Love Hearts, the first one I got was "Just Me". Are Love Hearts mocking me because nobody loves me? :o )

Every time i order contact lenses online they come with a small packet of Haribo, it's the small things that make a difference

I threw a piece of chicken up in the air for my dog to catch. It landed on his head. He's sitting here in front of me with a big gomie look on his face, oblivious to the fact that if he wasn't trying to be so super still in the hope of getting chicken, that the chicken on his friggen head would fall down :)

Dogs are the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I spotted a pair of sandals weeks ago for 45e but felt they were bit pricey for what they were..anyway they dropped t 30e and I bought them but was still iffy so I returned them.Saw them during the week reduced to 20e but only two pairs left and not my size so checked another store in town today and bought them..they checked in at 12e and I'm going to wear them out tonight(even if I break my neck wearing them)ðŸ˜

TLDR Colser got a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I love that colser. I picked up a dress once in river island. It was in my size. Last one. I was thrilled. Noticed it was part of the sale. Half price I think. Thrilled, happy days. I would have paid full price for it.
    Went to pay for it and it scanned in for like 9 euro I think. Crazy cheap. Thrilled was not the word.

I'm happy that tonight I am going to get so drunk on wine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I threw a piece of chicken up in the air for my dog to catch. It landed on his head. He's sitting here in front of me with a big gomie look on his face, oblivious to the fact that if he wasn't trying to be so super still in the hope of getting chicken, that the chicken on his friggen head would fall down :)

Dogs are the best :)

A particular sprollie who loves toast, likes it being thrown and will jump and catch it so I threw some toast at my doggie and she jumped out of the way.

Silly puppy.

There is this plant that I have. Nice enough looking yoke, but it has not had a flower in about 5 years.

And low and behold, after all that watering, all that talking to it, all that time making sure it was getting enough light....there is a flower coming.

Am practically sitting here waiting for the thing to blossom.

@Winterlong,Is it really a plant because it reads like a long private euphemism about Mrs Winterlong 😛

Happy it's a long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TH too I managed to trim and shape my buxus pyramid plants yesterday without making a dog's dinner out of them. They are still even alive, I believe, which is an achievement for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The Dublin Bus 142 driver could have justifiably said I could not be let off at that particular point at the end of Bird Avenue, but he did.

Second Trivial thing that made me happy today: I needed to receive a 6 digit verification code on by text on my smartphone. I received the code on the phone just about: my smartphone had 2% power remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Little kids with glasses.

I have no idea why, but whenever I see a little kid with glasses it makes me smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

A text from my sis telling me she loves me :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Shint0 wrote: »
    TH too I managed to trim and shape my buxus pyramid...

I got as far as this and wondered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When you can feel the weight falling off you.

Orangey pink skies on a summer night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

a new frying pan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Being 35, I grew up with vinyl/tape, then CD, then MP3 and streaming. I have found myself less arsed with music the last few years, for some reason, both old and new.

I recently dug out an old HiFi with a turnatable and not one, but TWO cassette decks, wow.

But for some reason I'm loving music more now with the old analogue. Makes me happy, yo.

Is it the crackles of the records or the clicks of the tape player as I press play, FF, RW? Dunno.

But it's more enjoyable for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

bobskii wrote: »
    a new frying pan
    Got a new fridge today.

Glorious stuff!

I got as far as this and wondered.
    Sometimes a cigar....comes in all shapes and sizes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

When my posts get thanked on boards.ie I really feel alive!

Not srs:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Shint0 wrote: »
    Sometimes a cigar....comes in all shapes and sizes

You performed topiary on your box? Pics or... :D

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    You performed topiary on your box? Pics or... :D

No, dont encourage her!

TH at a friend of mine who is in the final stages of pursuit of the man of her dreams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Windows 10 no longer offered down your PC's GOB.
    My own VIAO with Windows 7 is just perfect!

Winterlong wrote: »
    No, dont encourage her!
    :confused:

TH some people share my sense of humour :D

Just got an invite from my sis inlaw to a barbeque tonight,food and drink without having to dress up or put on tan,makeup etc makes me very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TH that the driver I walked out in front of today was quick and jammed on the brakes... The tyre got my foot but it's ok.. I'm a very lucky girl..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement