Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Watching repeats of Doc Martin. The plots aren't great, but it's my indulgence.

KungPao wrote: »
    Being 35, I grew up with vinyl/tape, then CD, then MP3 and streaming. I have found myself less arsed with music the last few years, for some reason, both old and new.

I recently dug out an old HiFi with a turnatable and not one, but TWO cassette decks, wow.

But for some reason I'm loving music more now with the old analogue. Makes me happy, yo.

Is it the crackles of the records or the clicks of the tape player as I press play, FF, RW? Dunno.

But it's more enjoyable for some reason.
    I dug out the Walkman and the cassettes, back in the 80s again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

madmaggie wrote: »
    I dug out the Walkman and the cassettes, back in the 80s again!

TH that I can say it was "acceptable in the 80s" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The Star Wars bedclothes I just bought myself.

Yes I'm and adult and yes I have a double bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I still wear cartoon knickers because they make me happy. I would love novelty bedsheets too!! I hope you enjoy them DH.

I'm happy because I got rosemantic snapchats of a lovely evening the OH has planned for me. The sappy eejit spent his whole day making the house pretty and I can't wait to get home now and open the processso he's teasing me with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I still wear cartoon knickers because they make me happy. I would love novelty bedsheets too!! I hope you enjoy them DH.

Went to Lidl after I bought them and this kid goes to his mum "Mam, that lady has a Batman t-shirt on!" (I'm clearly adulting really hard today). He had a Star Wars t-shirt on so I told him I'd just bought Star Wars bedclothes. As I was walking away I heard him go to her "Can grown-ups have those?" :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Got to feed a new baby foal. Well. By feed I mean that I held out nuts for him and then frightened the poor wee divil by laughing at him cos he's too small to know how to eat them yet. SO CUTE

And and and, my husband just felt our baby kick for the first time. Awwwwwwwww :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Lucyfur wrote:
    And and and, my husband just felt our baby kick for the first time. Awwwwwwwww

That's really lovely..congrats and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Discovered a pretty good restaurant just yesterday evening right down at the back of the Coolmine Industrial Estate in Blanchardstown. Sometimes looks really can be deceiving and it's not always about the decor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Saw my ex yesterday and he's put on excessive weight :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The Star Wars bedclothes I just bought myself.

Yes I'm and adult and yes I have a double bed.
    As an adult, please tell me the bedcloths have the Deathstar or a Sith or an AT - AT walker on them.

None of this namby - pamby Jedi / ewok / republic stuff:D

A constantly moaning Facebook "friend" has unfriended me for not being suitably sympathetic. Delighted to be rid of her!

You make me happy. I'm telling you now you better not fücking stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Bank holiday weekend s where I'm off boo yea

Just brought my 19-month-old to Rathbeggan Lakes for the day. She was waddling down to the lakes when she/we all heard a "whoosh" sound.

She looked around and saw somebody flying above her and looked scared at us. 10 minutes later she's roaring (well, hilarious baby roars!) at the people flying above her, moving her little hands excitedly and furiously and creating a new word which sounds something like "whooooah!" as each person flies past. Absolutely fascinated by the magic of life (the zipline, in this case!). Long live these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Got out of the bath to find my OH had gone out and bought me a copy of the new Harry Potter book as a surprise.

Can't wait to get started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

A little girl was running by me last night and gave me a big smile and said "I really like your dress".

Awwwww.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Went to Specsavers today. The place was jammed and I ended up in the waiting area for an appointment that would be delayed by 45 minutes.

At the top of the store some kid was throwing a wobbly and producing a noise so high-pitched that I'd be convinced only dogs could hear it if my ear drums weren't on the verge of exploding.

Said kid parades to the back of the shop and plonks himself down on the chair beside me. His mother rushes back, looking apologetic and completely worn out. It's immediately obvious that the child is autistic and she's been struggling to control his behaviour whilst fending off the scorns of strangers all day.

The kid then looks up at me, smiles and takes my hand. I could see his mother bracing herself for another incident, I just looked at her and told her it was grand. I sat there in silence with this little fella leaning against me holding my hand for about ten minutes, while his mother paid for his frames at the top of the shop. And jesus, it was the most calm and serene moment I've had in this mad, stressy, crowded city in a long while.

And then the optician called me in, and he went back to screaming the place down and I went back to worrying about work meetings and getting my laundry done and booking my flights home to Ireland and what the hell I'm doing with my life.

Random moments with strangers make me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

beks101 wrote:
    Went to Specsavers today. The place was jammed and I ended up in the waiting area for an appointment that would be delayed by 45 minutes.

At the top of the store some kid was throwing a wobbly and producing a noise so high-pitched that I'd be convinced only dogs could hear it if my ear drums weren't on the verge of exploding.

Said kid parades to the back of the shop and plonks himself down on the chair beside me. His mother rushes back, looking apologetic and completely worn out. It's immediately obvious that the child is autistic and she's been struggling to control his behaviour whilst fending off the scorns of strangers all day. The kid then looks up at me, smiles and takes my hand. I could see his mother bracing herself for another incident, I just looked at her and told her it was grand. I sat there in silence with this little fella leaning against me holding my hand for about ten minutes, while his mother paid for his frames at the top of the shop. And jesus, it was the most calm and serene moment I've had in this mad, stressy, crowded city in a long while.

And then the optician called me in, and he went back to screaming the place down and I went back to worrying about work meetings and getting my laundry done and booking my flights home to Ireland and what the hell I'm doing with my life.

Random moments with strangers make me happy.

You win the thread! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

FanadMan wrote: »
    You win the thread! :-)

You win the pointless divided post double sub-quote award! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Esel wrote: »
    You win the pointless divided post double sub-quote award! :)

It was done on phone with the crappy app - can't quote whole post :o

now edited properly....soz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Went to sleep with only one cat at the end of the bed and woke up with all 3 of them cuddled up with us. I am a crazy cat lady and I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

One of my cats is currently sprawled out on my stomach, purring her heart out. As I have the day off work today, I don't have to move or go anywhere.

This is bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I woke up to find a nice text from a very caring friend. Good way to start the day for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Deciding I have way too many photos on my phone and need to delete some, flicking right back to the start of the year and seeing all the funny screen shots I grabbed, the memes, the really bad jokes and the even worse selfies I screenshot from people on snapchat. Flicking through all the pics on my phone has put a big mad grin on my face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

Yesterday, with rain puddling down outside, music on I lay sprawled out on the sofawith the dog fast asleep at my feet, I am reading the Sunday papers cover to cover Then I hear the pitter patter of his tail wagging slowly against the sofa while he is having a happy dream, ahhh bliss :)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Watching Storage Hunters....especially when it turns to an all out war over a locker containing total junk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Stepdad bought me the new Harry Potter book today! Delighted! :D
    Also, just found out that Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed and In Flames are playing the 3Arena in January! As a huge fan of David Draimen, I'm giddy at the thought of seeing him live!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Mr Bean :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Nothing settles the mess of the world around you more then a cuppa made by your mammy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement