Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

receiving thread updates in my email and then finding them removed by mods from the thread itself because of the post content. double the fun if I see the poster posting in boards prison forum afterwards. juicy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Ignoring the repeated attempts of a Company to get in touch to arrange an interview, after they took three months to reply to my initial application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Accidental music, like the chime of a glass bowl, or cycling over a loose bit of paving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Laughing at a dog barking at her own echo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I love seeing my garden bloom. A few days ago the camellia was only in bud now there's lots of open flowers. The late hyacinths are coming up and the alliums have shot up. I love seeing our cats loll around in the sunshine:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Seeing the bully of a bmw driver that had been glued up my behind going 100kmph getting pulled over a mile up the road (following his dangerous overtaking) by the guards. Oh how i laughed....

Having dinner with my neighbours, listening to their stories of '60s and '70s debauchery, the Cold War era and Polish unions, and Beatles fandom.

A pot of tea and perfect toast, with the butter in the dish exactly the right consistency for spreading.

Going to bed after a long bath on the day you change the bedding.

Having my biggest worry behind me.:)

Merging threads \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Biting the chocolate off a malteser without biting the malty bit

I also do this with Crunchies. When I'm at my best I try to take the chocolate off the surface of Ferrero Rocher and separate the two halves of the crunchy bit and eat the inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Listening to vinyl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Sucking the candy coating off Smarties and then eating the chocolate.

kowloon wrote: »
    I also do this with Crunchies. When I'm at my best I try to take the chocolate off the surface of Ferrero Rocher and separate the two halves of the crunchy bit and eat the inside.

The best is toffee pops.

You nibble all the way around the edge. Then take the biscuit off with your teeth, while the caramel falls into your mouth and melts on your tongue.

Nyom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

This also works wonderfully well with Ice Cream Mars Bars. Nibble off all the chocolate, suck on the ice cream and then you're left with delicious, caramel gooiness as a fabulous climax (;)) to what is a truly marvelous eating experience.

The best is toffee pops.

You nibble all the way around the edge. Then take the biscuit off with your teeth, while the caramel falls into your mouth and melts on your tongue.

Nyom.

Forgot about Toffee Pops. :) I also disassemble Jaffa Cakes. If it can be taken apart I'll probably try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Merkin wrote: »
    This also works wonderfully well with Ice Cream Mars Bars. Nibble off all the chocolate, suck on the ice cream and then you're left with delicious, caramel gooiness as a fabulous climax (;)) to what is a truly marvelous eating experience.
    You haven't experienced ice cream heaven until you've eaten your way through the Ben & Jerry's Core range:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Coffee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Sucking the candy coating off Smarties and then eating the chocolate.

Maltesers are great for this!

I love a Galaxy dipped in my coffee. Actually, I just love Galaxy in general.

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Maltesers are great for this!

I love a Galaxy dipped in my coffee. Actually, I just love Galaxy in general.

Sooo much better than Cadburys. :)

I second (third? fourth?) the nibbling of the chocolate off a Malteser/Ferror Rocher. Very satisfying to have the middle bit remain intact.

Very fond of doing this with Revels, all the better to avoid the unpleasant surprise of biting into the orange one whole. I hate that orange one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Star Bars are great for this as well. Nibble off all the chocolate and you're left with the moreish and gooey centre to feast on. I'd advise doing this when by oneself preferably :o

We need a nibble club, dedicated to eating deconstructed confectionery. We could start with simple stuff like Jaffa cakes, move on to Ferrerro Rocher and Malteasers for the intermediary stage, and finish with Starbars for the more advanced.

Wouldn't look odd at all.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Kit Kats are the business for nibbling, Kit Kat Chunkies especially - there are so many parts to get off! Brilliant. Purple snacks are geat too, leave yourself with the biscuit, break them apart to scrape off the middle bit and then nom. Takes me ages to eat those kinds of bars then though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

A free copy of the paper came in the letterbox this morning. Irish Times, D6W area. Anyone else? :pac:

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Kit Kats are the business for nibbling, Kit Kat Chunkies especially - there are so many parts to get off! Brilliant. Purple snacks are geat too, leave yourself with the biscuit, break them apart to scrape off the middle bit and then nom. Takes me ages to eat those kinds of bars then though :)

Do you get Coffee Crisp bars in Ireland? Those are great for nibbling. Even better then Kit Kats or O'Henrys.

Do you get Coffee Crisp bars in Ireland? Those are great for nibbling. Even better then Kit Kats or O'Henrys.

I've never heard of an O'Henrys. We have Toffee Crisp, is that what you meant or is this a coffee flavoured thing?

Anyone ever get a solid choc finger of Kit Kat? Life changing stuff :D.

I've never heard of an O'Henrys. We have Toffee Crisp, is that what you meant or is this a coffee flavoured thing?

It's not coffee flavoured. It is a solid piece of nougat/caramel, covered in peanuts and then covered in chocolate.

http://www.ivillage.ca/sites/default/files/imagecache/node_photo_gallery_single_view/ohhenry.jpg

I've nevr had a solid chocolate finger of a Kit Kat yet. I hear people ar finding them now and then so I am still hoping. :D

I've never heard of a Toffee Crisp.

I've been the lucky recipient of a solid chocolate Malteser. T'was like winning an Oscar. :)

Candie wrote: »
    I've been the lucky recipient of a solid chocolate Malteser. T'was like winning an Oscar. :)

I hope eating it didn't spoil your gown. :)

I hope eating it didn't spoil your gown. :)

I must admit, there was drool. :)

I've never heard of a Toffee Crisp.

It's the dream combination of caramel, rice crispies and chocolate.

http://www.tfcpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Toffee-Crisp-Split.jpg

Put it on your bucket list :)

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    It's the dream combination of caramel, rice crispies and chocolate.

http://www.tfcpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Toffee-Crisp-Split.jpg

Put it on your bucket list :)

We have something like that here but the name escapes me at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement