Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Horsing into small bars of Toblerones.......oh sweet jesus thank you for chocolate...cue homer simpson drool look lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

Swimming in the sea
    Lots of Crunchy peanut butter on crackers
    Making and eating apple pie with fresh cream
    Coffee with a nice crema
    My collection of little foldy bicycles

John Cleese's reply to a 14 year old boy who inquired if he had a fan club.

Absolutely marvelous. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Scots clan sweets.
    Especially when they are a secret stash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having elsa hair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My mother who is in her early 70s went away for ten days, and came back with her first tattoo. She surprised me with it today, and l can't stop laughing to myself since :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

73Cat wrote: »
    My mother who is in her early 70s went away for ten days, and came back with her first tattoo. She surprised me with it today, and l can't stop laughing to myself since :)

What was it of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

For the first time in ages, I had a proper weekend of sleep. Fresh as a daisy now this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 EllieK2

SuperS54 wrote: »

What was it of?
    Not 73Cat, but my mom got her first tattoo on her 50th birthday, it was a custom designed bunch of roses in full colour on her thigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The fact that my youngest child is finally out of nappies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I was just on the phone with my mam and I was telling her about someone who was annoying me and she said "oh just turn a blind ear to it"

A blind ear? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Olishi4 wrote: »
    I was just on the phone with my mam and I was telling her about someone who was annoying me and she said "oh just turn a blind ear to it"

A blind ear? :)

Almost as terrifying as the Deaf Eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

Just bought loads of lovely new make-up and clothes:D treating myself makes me happy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

What was it of?

The Mad Hatter's hat!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The Mad Hatter's hat!

This has made me grin here , fair dues to your Mam , love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

What was it of?

The new boyfriend .....

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Are I Mad

I set a few lupin seeds a few months ago, one of them is starting to flower already and it's a beautiful pale mauve at the moment, as the plant gets older the colour may get stronger and it could be the lovely shade I was missing. If not it is still a beautiful colour I do not have already, plus I have lots of lupin plants to give away to family and friends (I did not expect all the seeds to survive).

Thursday night, a glass of whiskey straight and the internet playing movie scores while you get a feel for the last of the summer nights.... cool

that and the point break score!! the original one.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Finally clearing the pile of washing in bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Antibiotics that kick in quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

rusty cole wrote: »
    the point break score!! the original one.

Great score. Mark Isham = hero

Finally getting my dogs to eat their breakfast and dinner without a fight.
    Turns out, they needed lots of positive attention while eating and only like their nuts warm throughout.
    No more hand feeding or threathening to let the puppy come inside and eat their dinner. Once I heat it thoroughly and cheer them on, they eat it all without any fuss.

I'm also happy that although their meal times age me like nobody's business, I'm kind of happy that at least they're being fed enough that they can afford to be fussy. TH that my boys are happy boys

After working several weeks in a tough place, I'm more than TH that I'm parked on the sofa in the family room of my Grandfathers house in London, doing absolutely nothing for the next few days before I'm back to my regular life.

I'm even more TH that himself and my Dad are cooking my favourite dinner and bringing me regular cups of tea with homemade shortbread biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Turns out, they needed lots of positive attention while eating and only like their nuts warm throughout.

That's defo what I would call 'positive attention', keeping their nuts warm.....

Yeah I'd be sound like that.

What gave me happies today was I was out for lunch with my friend, decided to try this new cafe. So I'm sitting there mowing into my cake when this little monkey ran straight over to me with his arms up.

My other friends little 2 year old spotted me before I saw them, or before his mammy saw me, and came over to me. He only wanted to climb up to me to see what I was eating but he's a lovely little thing and I was very happy to get a squish and a kiss.

If Someone told me two years ago that being mauled by a two year old would make my day, I'd think they were high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Tea (Barry's Gold Blend) and toast (Brennan's Chia Seed sliced pan) and butter (Tipperary Co-op). And repeat until satisfied.

I've said it before, high quality tea and toast makes me happier than any chocolate ever could.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

A quality drink poo

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Sometimes shít internet is a blessing, I just read one of those multi-page click-bait articles but the connection is so bad, none of the ads loaded before I was finished. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Loop the Loops.
    Best ice pop on a day like this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Booked a holiday for next summer!
    We haven't been away in three years due to financial problems and health problems, but after much discussion, we've booked 10 nights in Lanzarote and I really cannot wait!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement