Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

I'm working from home and my little dog is snuggled up on the chair next to me breathing deeply with the occasional snore. He's so cute and content and that makes me TH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Bangin' tunes and Erdinger Ocktoberfest brews in the fridge. Happy days! I'm also going up North to see my cousin for a girly weekend. Can't wait! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

About to have a Lucozade (& Scone) not my usual supper and am delighted to be having it.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dreoilin

When an elderly person smiles back at you on the street and you're safe in the knowledge that they don't think you're a juvenile delinquent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

When you fall asleep watching BBC4. They play 4 notes/chimes repeatedly, gently nudging you to bed, without saying that you're an insomniac loser who should know better! :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Going on a trip with the bestie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,393 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Going home.

Been in the Middle East for 18 days. Nice, but a bit too long. Especially in 46 degree heat.

Am in Istanbul Airport now awaiting the last flight - be back by lunchtime!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

My package arrived today! :D Opened it, marvelled at how tiny Blu-Ray boxsets are compared to DVDs before wrapping it in paper and stashing it in the back of the wardrobe. That's the stepdad sorted for Xmas, so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Finally getting a long awaited parcel from my parents. Couldn't have arrived on a better day; I've been having such a crap day so far. But this parcel has lifted my spirits and I'm crying happy tears instead.

I'm going on my holidays!! :D All booked for two weeks time. A posh hotel!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TH at the guy who helped me in Moorgate station earlier when the down escalator was broken and he was able to take my folded buggy down as far as the platform while I carried my son and our bags. In such a busy city there are still some nice people out there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

This morning. Got parking right beside the luas, only one space left. Luas arrived straight away. I got a seat. I was so happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

finding a tenner in your backpocket that you didn't know you had

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm going on my holidays!! :D All booked for two weeks time. A posh hotel!! :D

Does 'Posh' mean they do the ould 'Tug TV'? :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When the circular saw finally stops... blissful, blissful silence...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Swapping skinny jeans for pyjama bottoms. :)

kfallon wrote: »
    Does 'Posh' mean they do the ould 'Tug TV'? :p

Kfallon! How very cheeky of you! :p

I'm in the bed and it's absolutely wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I'm in the bed and it's absolutely wonderful.

Don't encourage him with posts like that Perse...ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

That's a 'Yes' so ;)
    Colser wrote: »
    Don't encourage him with posts like that Perse...ðŸ˜

The cheek of you :mad: :P

I'm fed & watered now so I'm happy out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When I haven't been well for a few days, so hadn't been hungry for anything, until this evening. Got a mad craving for a proper home cooked dinner and himself rolled up the sleeves and made it and I swear to god I can not remember any dinner ever tasting as good.
    Delighted with life now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

When you get a phone call saying work doesn't want you at 8 tomorrow, 12 is time enough.

An unexpected lie-in. BLISS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

seeing a friend after a long time, and its just like the auld days

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

Knowing that after 8am im off till Monday:D I feel like I'll defo spend the weekend tucked up in bed watching documentaries:D

Was reading a thread about the movie The Mummy (Brendan Frasier version) on Reddit and inevitably got drawn into Googling Oded Fehr. HOLY JEEBERS. The man has aged like a fine wine. I shall now sit here consumed with lust for the remainder of the evening.
    Also, I've sourced 3 gorgeous dresses to treat myself after I finish my Xmas shopping. So much leather and velvet. Just need to get a tailor to take my measurements and soon, I'll be knee-deep in custom made loveliness! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

surviving another spin class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭mullyboyee

Choosing an air conditioned bus eireamn for the journey home over the rammed full disgusting sweat box that is a Dublin Bus outta town in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Malcolm Tucker.
    He makes me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Toffee. We really dont consume enough toffee and all its yumminess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

New glasses. Now for the breaking in period cos I've never used varifocals before.......everything looks weird so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Being a shortarse I get a kick out of the odd time I have to duck my head to walk under a low branch:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement