Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Cat play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Going to the bottle bank with all my empty beer and wine bottles, and hearing them shatter as I fire them in. Therapeutic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Payday.

Early lunch because I'll be imbibing later.

A phone conversation with my parents when I really miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

FanadMan wrote: »
    New glasses. Now for the breaking in period cos I've never used varifocals before.......everything looks weird so far.

I could add my varifocals to my trivially happy list. The optician said "point your nose at what you want to see", it helps with the focusing. It takes time, but worth it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

madmaggie wrote: »
    I could add my varifocals to my trivially happy list. The optician said "point your nose at what you want to see", it helps with the focusing. It takes time, but worth it.:)

The optician said that it could take up to 2 weeks to get used to them. Actually found that I was ok with them within 12 hours so no longer TH......now VH!

Have to remember the "point your nose" when I'm playing darts :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TH when you're feeling a bit bluesy but you can rely on certain people to crack a smile on your face and you really want to....oh well, nevermind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

A half day on a Friday after working 10 days in a row

A line of washing put out this morning that didn't get drenched while I was at work and it's ready to put away

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Shint0 wrote: »
    TH when you're feeling a bit bluesy but you can rely on certain people to crack a smile on your face and you really want to....oh well, nevermind

Ride them??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

kfallon wrote: »
    Ride them??
    You would be the one to trot out that response here just because your mind is always on the gee gees, but yeah, four legs good, two legs baaad....

Speaking of animals and legs, more than TH the vet said the tumour on my dog's back leg is benign and it's better not to have it removed so he doesn't need to go through surgery. That man's knowledge and passion always amazes me...even if he does charge an arm and a leg!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Watching a cat wash it's face.

• Advertisement

I have two cats, elderly sisters, and I love watching them groom each other. I swear they smile.

I have two cats, elderly sisters, and I love watching them groom each other. I swear they smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I have two cats, and elderly sisters, and I love watching them groom each other. I swear they smile.

I read this wrong. Got confused but it cheered me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Do they buy sweets for one another?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Had a window slightly open and got worried my cat got out because I couldn't find her. My fella opened our bedroom door and there she was sprawled out on our bed. She gave a look as if to say why did you disturb me and proceeded to stretch out even more. Trivially happy at cleaning my son's room and getting on top of the clothes washing. About to tackle bedclothes next and have a drier to help speed things up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you're laying next to someone sleeping and they reach out and pull your arm around them without waking up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

when your boss unexpectedly commends you for a job well done :) (was a good day!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

When you see someone deserving of praise getting it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

:) seeing Hugo posting on boards (where he belongs) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When you've a blocked nose and there's a vicks inhaler handy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When your cranky, cantankerous cat jumps on your lap, curls up and starts purring. I probably said it before, but it's an uncommon occurrence for him. :)

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I have two cats, and elderly sisters, and I love watching them groom each other. I swear they smile.

I read this wrong. Got confused but it cheered me up.
    Sorry, blame the punctuation on being dosed up on Nurofen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

My three little girls arrived home yesterday with a Smyths catalogue each.....all I'm hearing is "I'm getting this and I'm getting that for Christmas"....bless um lol lol

Anyone got a loan lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Took the dogs for a swim at the river this morning. It was absolutely lashing rain, rain hopping off the river but I was grand and dry standing underneath the trees. And the dogs were having the best time. It would put you in a good mood to see them having so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm seeing Bridget Jones' Baby in the cinema and I am so excited :D this makes me very happy on a rainy Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Seeing a trailer for a film and thinking 'ooh that looks good' then going to see it and it really IS good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Watching a cat wash it's face.
    Rubbing some butter on a cranky cat's front paws.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 MojiGoji

The sound of light rain on a tent wall, or a metal roof.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement