Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Rice Krispie buns :D
    Aw, that made me TH. The thought of someone feeding their bun Rice Krispie buns :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Little puppies who bark at fully grown, adult dogs. I love the innocence behind how 'tough' they think they are. Dogs are the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Polka dotted balloons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Here's one to make you TH. Try say 'Bubbles' in an extremely aggressive manner. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Moving between rooms at home with different channels (radio and TV) and each one having a different classic hit on - Rory Gallagher with Philby in the Kitchen, Neil Young with Old Man in the living room, and Queen with Bohemian Rhapsody in the sitting room. One song finishes, move room, another song and move again. One of those moments that the universe is just in perfect sync with me.

Am such a happy bunny right now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

My ability to see the future makes me happy.

I predict I will be happy at Octoberfest later this afternoon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Waking up after a wedding and not having a hangover thrills me.

Waking up after a wedding and not having a hangover thrills me.

That happened me once but it turned out I was still drunk when I woke up.
    In fairness I did wake up in the residents bar...

Good tenants. As a (very reluctant) landlord, it is a pleasure to have such tenants as just left this morning. They left the place as immaculately as they were given it a year ago. They wouldn't even let me give them a lift in the rain. You could see they both had happy memories here - young love!

As they walked away my heart sank at the probability that they, like so many others, will probably never be able to buy their own home in Dublin and will be condemned to renting even in retirement (how they could save a deposit when paying Dublin rents is beyond me, and if they ever had to pay Dublin crèche fees on top of it it's just a heartbreaking indictment of what we have created in our society.)

Anyway, good tenants!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Holidays abroad in the sun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Waking up in the morning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

When my dog ignores the wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

One job completed for the year! I can FINALLY sleep in on saturday mornings!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Sneaking into the spare bedroom at night and having the bed to myself...zzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

A perfect evening for a spot of drone flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=varlFj0W6UA&sns=em

This has me practically in tears

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

The weight of a duvet on a weary body.

When luckiest man gets a cake made specially for me, in my favourite colour, with a pet name written on it. When he brings me breakfast in bed. When breakfast is actually cake. When he takes a day off work to come to a spa with me even though he hates spas. When he wont give me my presents until this evening, so I know they're going to be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TH there must have been something magical in the atmosphere this year. From out my bedroom window I could always see a Virginia creeper growing somewhere off in the distance. Every other year it's just your regular creeper but this year the leaves are a stunning blood red crimson.

There are some berries coming through a hedge at the back of my garden I've never ever seen before and also those white flowers that have been everywhere this year. They're growing on some type of weed and open in the morning and close in the evening. I think they're called Morning Glory (heh heh). So cheesy as it sounds and belongs in a FB status but there's beauty in eveything except sometimes it takes longer to show it's face and appears out of the blue when you're not expecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A strange thing to be TH about, but started a course of antibiotics, so should start feeling less sh***y pretty soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

A strong cup of coffee after a ****e day at work! :@)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Seeing lovely coloured leaves beginning to appear on the trees.
    Autumnal mornings that are chilly but with sunshine.
    Getting to wear scarves and boots again.
    Having a hot port at night while watching tv or reading my book and lots of candles lit.
    I love autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I managed to lose a bit of weight after cutting down on alcohol. So I bought a new jacket and dress as a reward. Hopefully I'll lose more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Heard about someone making space cakes for a sick person. It's risky and I'm not necessarily condoning it but the relief the ill person gets is remarkable and that makes me very happy.

Rainbows!

When.my best friends boyfriend trusts me with an amazing secret he didn't even tell his own friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

When the above poster just couldn't wait and immediately pm'ed me the guy's secret. (He's so lucky! I hope they'll be happy now, with their "news" :))

Trivial thing is eating a big dirty hobnob after a bad day at work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Monday nights are so much better at the moment with the TV return of Cold Feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

A peanut butter smoothie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Picking fresh raspberries everyday for dessert. I wish it would last forever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement