Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Picking fresh raspberries everyday for dessert. I wish it would last forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Currently listening to the lashing rain outside, while I'm inside with the heating on for the first time in months, candles lit and my first glass(es) of mulled wine since last year. Happy out! :D

While it's one thing to be woken up by a good foot massage, it's quite another being woken up by a (really bad) foot massage given by tiny hands and the giggles of a toddler, who has just discovered her mother's moisturiser and has now evidently discovered a target to practice spreading it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭EmmaMurray2016

Here is mine;
    - When people say please, thanks,
    - keep the door opened for u when you are behind them,
    - when you have the whole seat to yourself all the way home on public transport
    - when I get up out of bed mad early for gym, I don't like the actual getting up part but when I have the gym done at 730am I feel fantastic for the whole day :D

Elmo's Song. Brilliant - and only on an anonymous forum could a grown man admit to the genius of a toddler's song:

ELMO: Everybody!
    Everybody!
    Snuffy, Big Bird!
    Come see what Elmo did.
    SNUFFALUFFAGUS: Well, what have you done, Elmo?
    ELMO: Well, Elmo wrote his own song.
    BIG BIRD: Really?
    What's it called?
    ELMO: "Elmo's Song."
    BIG BIRD: Oh, clever title.
    SNUFFALUFFAGUS: Yeah, wish I'd thought of that.

Warning: you could be singing this when nobody's listening all day. :D

• Advertisement

Elmo's Song. Brilliant - and only on an anonymous forum could a grown man admit to the genius of a toddler's song:

ELMO: Everybody!
    Everybody!
    Snuffy, Big Bird!
    Come see what Elmo did.
    SNUFFALUFFAGUS: Well, what have you done, Elmo?
    ELMO: Well, Elmo wrote his own song.
    BIG BIRD: Really?
    What's it called?
    ELMO: "Elmo's Song."
    BIG BIRD: Oh, clever title.
    SNUFFALUFFAGUS: Yeah, wish I'd thought of that.

Warning: you could be singing this when nobody's listening all day. :D

I lovvvvvvve Elmo I'm nearly 40 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

There is a movie out called 'Sausage party'......just the title brought a smile to my face!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TH even though I'm forty too I'm still thinking I should get that French Elmo a boyfriend promised me years ago for Christmas but forgot or maybe he didn't think I was serious. I'll be even more TH if I discover French Elmo is still available but I will track one down eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

An empty inbox.

An empty inbox.

Mine will never be empty...but an organised inbox is enough to cheer me up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

New pjs. They've got a little troll with pink troll hair on the front, and then lots of little trolls all over the bottoms. I'm happy, I'm happy, I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Just got 4 packets in the post. All cheapo Chinese gadget stuff but it's made my day cos I'm not in the best of form. Tonight, instead of brooding on my problems I'll be building circuits and probably useless electronic thingies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

When you have the place to yourself and can sing your heart out.

Shannon757 wrote: »
    When you have the place to yourself and can sing your heart out.

TH at this too. And all the better when you are singing in your underwear. Total happy liberation
    (Sorry if that image put anyone off their tea).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Busted my kid out of school early today to go shopping for the new Greenday album. Got 3 cups of tea in return, without complaint :)

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Busted my kid out of school early today to go shopping for the new Greenday album. Got 3 cups of tea in return, without complaint :)

Wish I would have had a mum like you when I was growing up :D

Everything is so peaceful now that there's a power cut........no tv or electrical noise. Almost like when there has been a heavy snowfall and everything goes quiet.

I took in a rescue dog around this time last year. Watching her evolve from a timid shy dog to a mad bundle of fun makes me happy. It's worth all the holes in the garden.

Getting my hair done right now. I nearly fall asleep it's Soooooo relaxing ahhh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Got a snazzy new pair of glasses and feeling like a big ride in them haha! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Helping my best friends boyfriend with the final preparations for him proposing to her tonight. I'm so excited. She suspects NOTHING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Helping my best friends boyfriend with the final preparations for him proposing to her tonight. I'm so excited. She suspects NOTHING.

Tell us what happens tomorrow :)

Ah brill lol

When my best friend whatsapps me a pic of her ring and a text saying "how you feel about being a bridesmaid?". BUZZING!

When my best friend whatsapps me a pic of her ring and a text saying "how you feel about being a bridesmaid?". BUZZING!

Awwwwww how nice. Such a lovely story. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Saw an old photo yesterday of a childhood friend who i wont see again. Pictures from then are a bit more rare so its always great to see one that you havent seen before, takes you back for a minute. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

A few hours to goof off in an extremely busy time.

How my oldest dog jumps and skips for his breakfast and when I put it down in front of him, he lays down with his bowl between his paws and eats it. He looks so happy and relaxed all he needs is the doggy Sunday papers

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I love the cold weather. It feels great being in front of the fire of a night.

• Advertisement

The mug of tea after the dinner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement