Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Picking blackberries off the bush in the park. Always puts a smile on the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Bought a packet of bacon for the weekend that contained 4 slices, 2 for yesterday, 2 for today.
    Stuck the grill on this morning to discover they had 5 in the pack. #winning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Mondays off can't beat them.altho there's always the dread of Monday night boot camp😯

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I sat on the couch last night by myself, watching Luke Cage, eating Ben & Jerry's Phish Food.
    It was awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I know this is stupid but what makes me happy is spending the morning doing a good clean of the house, getting the windows opened, the candles lit, everything is clean and tidy, and then jumping into a really nice warm shower, scrubbing yourself from head to toe with an exfoliant and then busting out the fancy body wash. Sitting on my bed getting myself dressed as I massage the matching body lotion onto myself, and being able to get that really delicate scent and nothing being out of place to ruin that really clean feeling.

The only thing that would make me even happier would be getting into a clean pair of comfy jammies and flaking out for the evening. That's not going to happen though. Busy bee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Just opened a big tub of Cadbury heroes...oh sweet jesus I've died and gone to heaven...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Being out in the garden early on a Saturday or Sunday as the morning suns burns through the frost. The rolling hills and the fresh mountain air. A mug of steaming coffee and just standing with my thoughts as my little angel of a dog prances around the field looking for the right place to pee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

After returning from the hols. in Spain, that missing sock from the nice pair I bought beforehand, turns up after a week, stuck inside the suitcase lining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TH trip to the dentist, minimal treatment needed, both the teeth and the purse! I was legging out the door, called back in, "don't forget see you in six months Maggie", that man has a wicked sense of humour.

TH trip to the dentist, minimal treatment needed, both the teeth and the purse! I was legging out the door, called back in, "don't forget see you in six months Maggie", that man has a wicked sense of humour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Getting an unexpected cheque in the post! ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Finishing work early & collecting my kiddies from school, no activities tonight so fire on & door locked!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Getting something done quicker than you thought you would

That's what she said, tee hee...

Apologies to anyone stuck indoors, bit I'm loving this autumn sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

When waiting at traffic lights with the indicator on and for that split second your indicator and the indicator of the car in front blink in perfect unison.

When my friends little girl was about 2 she was mad about the stairs, and I used to show her how to come down the stairs on her tummy and then later on her bum. She loved flying down the stairs on her bum. When she got to 3, she knew how to come down stairs properly but would still take my hand, tell me "cmon" bring me upstairs and tap the top step with her hand.

Now she's crazy grown up at the ripe old age of (almost) 4. I'm visiting her house today. Over she comes, eyes sparkling with devilment "let's slide downstairs on our bums" she whispers in my ear.

Aww man that makes me so happy. She remembers that was our thing. She never does it with anyone else or even by herself. Of course, the downside of that is my friends 4 year old thinks I'm a good choice to challenge in a bum race, so it's evident to a child I don't adult to the same level as other adults.

But hey, this is the happy thread and I'm happy to have a sliding down the stairs race with my favourite little princess

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

When eating Ben & Jerry Phish food, and you dig out a spoonful that contains just the perfect quantities of each ingredient... a lovely swirl of marshmallow... good bit of caramel, and a few choccy fishys!

nyom!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

My dog loves a good run on our local football pitches, but I must admit I love teasing her with the word 'walkies'. I don't mean this in a cruel way, because I always bring her, but I always say words like 'bookies!' to her first. Her head will rise instantly and her eyes open, and she looks at me with her little sleepy face as if to say, 'don't f*ck about here pal, are we going?' And of course, I then say the real word and she gets very excited. It's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 VickyPollard

When I look at the clock and the time is 12:34

The man on the train. He has papers and folders all tied up with a ribbon. On the top of the pile is a book titled 'All or nothing'. I would like to talk to him and ask what the book is about and if it means something special to him and maybe ask if he is going home to a busy house with grandkids and a wife who wears a floral apron and smells of Cinnamon from all the baking she does.

But instead I keep quiet and wonder to myself :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

When you have nothing planned on a Friday evening and it decides to lash rain almost as if to say "good choice boyo well played". I do like the rain on these type of evenings.

Just driving around Dublin with my 22-month-old daughter sitting quietly in her seat in the back. I came to a junction and some eejit is holding up everybody by insisting on turning right in the middle of the junction (when there were signs everywhere saying no right turn). I look at him in disbelief and say (not even loudly) "What a díckhead!". All of a sudden a little voice in the back says "dihea". Oops.

Listening to the rain on the roof. I got a new roof a couple of years ago, and still feel happy that the rain isn't coming in anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Burial. wrote: »
    When you have nothing planned on a Friday evening and it decides to lash rain almost as if to say "good choice boyo well played". I do like the rain on these type of evenings.

In the bed listening to the rain. Very peaceful. Also thinking about my weekly fryup that I'll have at about 12 tomorrow. Clonakilty pudding, Aldi sausages, smoked rashers, eggs, beans, toast, tea. Deadly. Then sit down for the afternoon and get stuck into the second series of Bosch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Dodging going shopping with the Mrs...then sitting down to watch Z Nation...nothing like zombies on a Saturday afternoon.

Listening to the best of the vengaboys, and not feeling any shame at all

Xmas shopping for my favourite little girl.
    Few eyeshadows, few lipglosses, a Britney Spears perfume, an eyeshadow brush for blending, and a peppa pig that sings when you hold her hands. Can't wait to give them to her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Towels straight out of the dryer for your shower.

And also anything else straight out of the dryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

The smell of the inside of my nanny's tea cosy.....

The smell of a million reasons why the pot was made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

The smell of the inside of my nanny's tea cosy.....

The smell of a million reasons why the pot was made.

Love that! Had one just the same till it was thrown away???? It survived for years and then just disappeared. My Granny made it herself when I was a kid and it was a source of warmth and home for so long. Have no idea who got rid of it or why :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement