Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

When I come home from work and himself has the kettle on, mugs out, ready and waiting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I've had a really long and stressful day and I was freezing too, but now I'm curled up on the sofa in my pyjamas, the heating's on so I'm nice and snug, and I've got chips and fishfingers for my dinner.

Oh and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of my book later; I started it months ago but hadn't a chance to sit down and read it AND it's starting to get juicy too.

The self service check out. I bring in my jar of loose change and use it in payment. Somehow it feels like getting stuff for free, and I'm not driving a cashier mad counting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭outinthefields

The happy sounds my dog makes when she sees me in my walking gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

Accidentally pressing Ctrl and down arrow in MS Excel and plunging all the way down to row 1048576, feeling like I’m Ed Harris in The Abyss.

No friendly aliens down there. So far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

franer1970 wrote: »
    Accidentally pressing Ctrl and down arrow in MS Excel and plunging all the way down to row 1048576, feeling like I’m Ed Harris in The Abyss.

No friendly aliens down there. So far.

Careful coming back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

WABs......oh they are so gonna happen :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

A beautiful (and free) red apple. It's sweet and juicy and crunchy. Yum.

Coffee and cake coffee and cake coffee and cake :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Waking up after a night of horribly vivid nightmares, and realising that's all that they were.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The woman in the local caffe, who makes epic espressos, is back from her holidays.
    Dont you ever leave me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

when I come home from work after a long hard day and I put my key in the door and my two furbabies come running out and dance and jump around like they haven't seen me in about two months makes me very happy... :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I love when I've gotten a really good present for someone that I know they will love. I love buying presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I love Kelsey Grammar as Sideshow Bob, it's so perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

I work a trade counter for tradesmen, but we also get the general public coming in.
    Not all but a lot of the older women that venture in rock up all business like, just want what they came for,get in and get out.
    Myself and my colleague love to shoot the sh.t with them, talk shi.te, get them laughing with a bit of banter while they're being served.
    And ya know what? They always engage and leave smiling! Old women are all grannies, sometimes ya have to just throw them a line :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

OH made me a delicious dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When I highlight some text on screen to google it, but then by mistake I select 'View Selection Source' which opens some window - after I close that window, the text is still highlighted so I don't have to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

When you get a 6 inch in Subway, but it's a big 6 inch!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I can't wait to get home this evening. It's been weeks since me and Mrs Bap have had time to sit on the couch together and watch a movie. The stars, moons and planets have alligned and tonight we have no other plans except to hang out together.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I can't wait to get home this evening. It's been weeks since me and Mrs Bap have had time to sit on the couch together and watch a movie. The stars, moons and planets have alligned and tonight we have no other plans except to hang out together.

Mr Bap restoring my faith in love :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

aw big softie Mr Bap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Receiving hand written post. Not bills. Not fliers. Handwritten stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

As a side project for a work project, we ran a competition and I had to contact the winners today.

I hadn't thought about it as such - it was trivial insofar as it was just a side project and heretofore had been more hassle than I needed - but contacting people to tell them that they won has made me so so happy right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

coming home from work knowing you've 2 days off and your favourite tune ends as you turn off the engine....and relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Shinbin223

When you're on a long drive and belting out your favourite songs without a care in the world.
    When all the small jobs are done, house is clean and you can relax in front of the tv without that niggling feeling you need to be elsewhere.
    Proper chipper chips with salt, no vinegar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When hard work pays off.
    When I qualified in my career, there was no jobs. There were plenty of jobs for people with 2 years experience, even more jobs for people with 3+ years. But no chances. When I left college, I looked everywhere, but nothing. 2 months into looking, I found "work experience". It was supposed to be one day a week, it was in Dublin. Quite a distance from where I lived. But, she was greedy and I was a fast learner, so she brought me in 5 days a week. Never paid me a cent but she taught me a lot. I did this for about 4 months, and found a full time job through it because I had got myself a good reference.

Once I had a job, it was much easier to find a job, even in the height of a recession. I sacrificed a lot, I travelled a lot and I worked hard. I started off working for free, spent about 1.5 years on min wage and slowly things got easier.

As of now, I have people coming to me, writing to me on Facebook, asking me to give them calls, offering me really good opportunities, offering me jobs that even 3 years ago I could have only dreamed of getting, companies I would have LOVED to work with coming to me. And I am finally in the position where I can say I'm so grateful for the offer, I'm thrilled you would ask, but it's not something that interests me at this time.

Because I am now in the middle of having my own little empire. My own little thing starting, that I hope will be somewhere other girls can "dream" of working, if they work hard enough. Now I will get to be the person giving that newly qualified, naieve young girl an opportunity to work hard and make things happen for herself.

I am beyond happy today, because though half the time I spend wondering if my life is actually trolling me, the other half of the time, good things are slotting into place like a jigsaw. And all those 6am starts, and 11:30pm finishes, free work, tears, bullying bosses - they were all for the best because I never settled, or quit and I'm way ahead of where I ever thought I would be and I'm not even 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Just made pancakes with herself for 4 little girls...Nutella smiles all around

Had Nutella and raspberry jam plus raspberry ripple ice cream on my own....now that makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Sleeping in your own bed after being away for a while.

Tired after a busy day in the garden. I have to keep reminding myself that it's October and not the spring. Of course the house is a tip!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I finally found a use for Microsoft Office on my phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement