Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

there's 3 of us tonight on the beer. Me and my two bridesmaids. And my recently engaged best friend, and we are her bridesmaids. I love spending time with the weirdos. Everything about them makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Not that one

Having a beer, watching match of the day. Lazy Saturday night. Nice me time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

The tinkling noise of debris getting sucked up the hoover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

In the kitchen cooking beef with red wine...my happy place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Getting a text that a package has been delivered for me at home.

Is it a big one, a small one, a long one or short one?

The wee kid in me wants to leave work now to go see what it is, who sent it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

That my better half has stopped giving out to me about sleeping with her maternity pillow

It's feckin deadly...throw the leg over...out like a light....zzz

When one friend at the weekend makes really bad decisions and the group chat is on fire for the rest of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

When one friend at the weekend makes really bad decisions and the group chat is on fire for the rest of the week.

Lexie you are such a positive person. You see the good side to everything.

My iPhone updated while I was sleeping last night so now today it's like I have a new phone. My iMessages let me write notes and send gifs. There is one gif of a strong independent black woman slamming a door. I usually hound the luckiest man on whatsapp all day but I am going to hound him on iMessage instead today and communicate only with gifs all day long. There's one of putin nodding his head and saying okay too. I am delighted.

Also, realising how much of a simpleton you really are but not caring. I am in good form today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

That my better half has stopped giving out to me about sleeping with her maternity pillow

It's feckin deadly...throw the leg over...out like a light....zzz

She might need it back soon if you carry on like that :D

TH getting paid tomorrow! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Dogs with human names. Just saw a post on Facebook about a dog named Seamus who went missing but was found... the fact that he's named Seamus makes me very happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Getting in to the bathroom at work just before the cleaner puts up her 'toilets closed for cleaning' sign!

The craic on the Mass event on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Getting in to the bathroom at work just before the cleaner puts up her 'toilets closed for cleaning' sign!

Now it reads 'Toilets Destroyed'.

TH about these little thread title changes. Don't know why!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Re dogs with human names, I always call a dog by it's own name and it's "surname".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

madmaggie wrote: »
    Re dogs with human names, I always call a dog by it's own name and it's "surname".

^^ :D Love that! ^^

My own TH. Have a package being delivered tomorrow. I know what it is but I'm like a kid on christmas eve. ONE MORE SLEEP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

This is obvious, but messing about on boards!

I've lived like a pauper for the past month because I was switching to monthly pay, and I mean really living like a pauper - a packet of pittas and some cherry tomatoes lasted me for an entire week of lunch :p Anyway I got paid today and have paid off all I owe, paid up my rent in advance, ordered in a months supply of pet food, topped up leap card - all the essentials really, and managed to squirrel away 800 little euros -my frugality has paid off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I've lived like a pauper for the past month because I was switching to monthly pay, and I mean really living like a pauper - a packet of pittas and some cherry tomatoes lasted me for an entire week of lunch :p Anyway I got paid today and have paid off all I owe, paid up my rent in advance, ordered in a months supply of pet food, topped up leap card - all the essentials really, and managed to squirrel away 800 little euros -my frugality has paid off!

Just imagine the damage you could do with a couple of months more frugality :pac:

FanadMan wrote: »
    Just imagine the damage you could do with a couple of months more frugality :pac:

I know, I can turn the economy around! :D

• Advertisement

Buying the 36 Tesco brand Wheat Biscuits for €2.09 instead of the 36 Weetabix for €4.36 that I was asked to get, coming home, taking them out of their box, hiding said empty box deep down in recycling bin outside, and putting them into the old Weetabix box and then watching as herself happily eats them without noticing the difference.

Realising you're just bloated and you didn't gain weight after all

The little curly headed babbie on the Luas :)

When you finish the last work meeting of the week..and still 6 hours of the friday to go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MINCE PIES BACK IN STOCK IN DUNNES SSSSTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tonto24

When you make the perfect cup of coffee

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This song and video by The Avalanches

Paul O'Connell's epic guess on a question of sport. Fantastic stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/BBCSPORTNI/videos/1329687913709495/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I forgot my driving instructor's name. I had an idea of the name but if you change 2 or 3 letters, it's a completely different name and I got confused about which one it was and the other week, I called him both names at different times :/

He signs my little book but his signature didn't help! He sent me a text message yesterday though and put his name at the end! Yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Stacey's Mom has got it goin' on. Everytime I hear that song I grin like an idiot, it's so funny :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement