Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

bogwalrus wrote: »
    When I wake up in the morning and catch my girlfriend just out of the shower about to change. It's trivial nice thing I enjoy some mornings. She knows I'm awake so nothing Pervy about it.

Man enjoys naked girl! That's as run of the mill as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Buying the 36 Tesco brand Wheat Biscuits for €2.09 instead of the 36 Weetabix for €4.36 that I was asked to get, coming home, taking them out of their box, hiding said empty box deep down in recycling bin outside, and putting them into the old Weetabix box and then watching as herself happily eats them without noticing the difference.

Lol

You now need to do the opposite. Weetabix in an own brand box and watch her tell you that these own brand ones are sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just had to do some banking stuff: pay a bill, transfer money between accounts, one of them in another country. It took about 5 minutes total, here at my PC. (I'm old enough to remember schlepping to the bank to stand in a queue, filling out bits of paper (with the potential mistakes that involves), and the difficulty explaining what I wanted because I didn't know the exact banking terminology.) The transfers themselves will all be quicker too, because they're all electronic. Sometimes, the Internet actually makes things better, believe it or not.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Just came across Leonard Cohen, easily my favourite songwriter (82 years old and still playing live!), singing... Kevin Barry in 1972!

You Tube is amazing.

Paul Robeson, who was super famous in his day, also recorded it but that's a well-known version (1947).

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Shinbin223

Old people. A 90 something friend of my Aunt's came to her house last night while I was there too. My cousin is getting married soon and the old lady was saying how she was looking forward to the day out and was trying to decide between two outfits to wear. She had such an infectious personality and the fact that at 93( I think ) she still wants to be active and going places made me smile. She spoke about how she goes to a day care every Tuesday where the priest comes and gives her communion and she adds in casually at the end of the statement" and he anoints me aswell incase I die during the week"!
    I came home thinking that I hope I still have that positive attitude towards life if I manage to live to anything near her age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Enjoyed that ..made me TH too.I know a child called Tom Barry as his first name,bit ott but each to their own.@Fuaranach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

That post about old people made me happy. It reminds me of a lady I knew (she was brilliant) in her 80s who told me the only reason the doctors wanted to meet her for check ups was to figure out why she wasn't dead yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It's the long weekend!! Started off with some dodgy selfies on Facebook and ending up with my head in a drink. I know it's the wrong way around don't remind me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Shinbin223

I agree Lexie. There is something lovely about an older person who could be downbeat about being older and life in general but instead to hear them talk about looking forward to events and still being generally positive. My aunt thinks looking forward to things and still having a positive attitude towards going places is keeping this lady young. It's never a negative attitutude with her, normally her first question when invited to something is "what will I wear"?! She is gas and so sharp, never forgets a face or a name.

I have sciatica, (which I'm sad about) but I'll have to go to the dr this evening for a needle in my ass and Valium. I'm delighted about the Valium. Every cloud!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Saturday and all its fabulousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Sitting watching Alice Cooper's Halloween Night of Fear. Loud music, great theatrics and a beer by my side.......bliss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

4 years in my own house tonight!

Dominos ordered 🍕😘

Valium

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

In the kitchen now cooking...happy as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

The neighbour that I helped to fit a new washing line has just dropped off a really good bottle of red maybe 25-35 quid!

I'm saving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The neighbour that I helped to fit a new washing line has just dropped off a really good bottle of red maybe 25-35 quid!

I'm saving it.

don't leave it too long and be that person texting in to Movies and booze on Sean Moncrief in 10 years time wondering if your bottle of Chateau Special is still good to drink!

The freedom that comes with being the one to paddle your own canoe and not having to rely on any man for anything I have in my life because my dad made sure I would always be okay. That's something I'll want my kids to be able to say when I'm dead too, that they'll never ever need to be under anyone's thumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I'm sitting here watching a chip discover the marvels of automatic doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I'm sitting here watching a chip discover the marvels of automatic doors.

Scrap that I just say His Royal Highness Michael Healy Ray!

• Advertisement

How was this - a flying puppet with a supercute face singing to a catchy song - not No. 1 in the cuteness charts:

And at 1:32 here, all the little puppets bobbing their little heads into the screen while your man sings. Super cute:

Sometimes I think I'm reliving my childhood years properly now in fatherhood -Sesame Street was never this much fun before! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The YouTube channel 'Space Videos'. We are now drifting across the surface of the moon on a Japanese satellite thingy. It's a live feed too, with some light piano music playing in the background.

The coffee and chocolate polos help too.

I haven't spotted the Lunar Rover or a flag yet though, so I'm calling BS on the moon landing.

Edit: it's only a replay of the feed, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭zeroliner

Flowers. Gorgeous lilies and roses for affordable prices in Aldi + Lidl. A pick me up for 1.99

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Happy at last to have a new Laptop after my other one went Boom just after I had signed up for Boards. :-)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Whocanibe wrote: »
    Happy at last to have a new Laptop after my other one went Boom just after I had signed up for Boards. :-)

This has nothing to do with me :D

In 2 days at this time, I will be in another country and drunk most likely. I haven't had a drink in a few months now so it'll only take a couple to get me there.

Oh wow! A taxi to the train station AND Supermacs when I got there!!

So easily pleased :D

Gluten free chicken burgers. I rarely have gluten free stuff because I feel like a knob ordering it, and I never really get burgers either. I'm thrilled when I can eat something and not feel sick after it. I need to give up gluten for real but I'm not one for putting a huge amount of effort into things

I am very much looking forward to Friday.

First I'm going to speed down the road with my tyres barely hitting the tar shouting and yelling. Window down and the wind in my hair. I expect it will be like flying. Then I will park wherever I like, maybe right outside Brown Thomas.

In I go to get all my hearts desires. Tom Ford perfume, some Chanel lip gloss, all of the colours please. Next some handbags. Ten of them. All of this before pillaging my way through the rest of the shop. Anyone who confronts me will get a slap. Then finish up with a lovely stay in the Shelbourne.

I love Garda strikes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Going to treat myself to some new perfume. I was in Boots earlier today browsing all the scents on offer and whilst I was hoping to pick up a vial of my usual fare (Lady Gaga's "Fame"), I took a liking to a gorgeous bottle of fragrance called Loverdose TATTOO. It was fabulous. Wasn't sure if I should buy it or not at the time but I just emptied out my handbag and found a €5 off voucher!
    Time to go treat mahself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭zeroliner

The €4 cinnamon candles you can get in Dunnes at this time of year... gorgeous :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement